Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Breastfeeding while pregnant?

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2007 at 8:31 PM
  • 3 Replies
I am breastfeeding my first baby who's just turned 9 months old and found out I'm 8 weeks pregnant. I am SO tired- as in I nap ALL day long and I'm still exhausted. I really want to breastfeed him until he's a year old, but after last week I don't know how much more I can take...Has anyone else breastfed while pregnant? Is it normal to be so exhausted and will it get better after the 12 week mark???
by on Jul. 22, 2007 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
maxandme
by on Jul. 22, 2007 at 11:35 PM
 My son just turned 9 months as well and I am almost over 4 months pregnant.  I feel your pain! My son never took a bottle or I would have weaned him, but I can say that when you get over the 1st trimester it gets better. I just want to give the milk buffet a break before the next one comes. I would say that if you want to continue just hang in there because you will soon have more energy. I am now dealing with the biting, he just got his bottom teeth and as if my boobs are not sore enough! Good luck
gacgbaker
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 9:21 AM

My mom tried to do that, my brother and I where 15 months apart and she tried for as long as she could, but it just got to be too much on her body.  You really need a super high caloric in take to keep up with the new baby and the one you are also nurishing with your milk.  I would go ahead and talk to your doctor and see if they have any recommendations of foods you can eat and things like that to help you keep up. 

Amber

Children's Ministry Support Group Owner
Christian Finances Group Owner
Pregnancy Group Owner
Children's Health Issues Group Owner

riotgrrl
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 1:31 PM
I got pregnant when my baby girl was 6 months old. While my metabolism was working for 3, I was sleeping 10 - 12 hours a night and I was still exhausted. I'm not really sure that there's really a way around that. But I was really committed to breastfeeding, so I stuck it out until my daughter was 11 months and I was in my third trimester. Eat plenty of calories, and plenty of extra protein and calcium. Drink lots and lots of fluids. Stick it out as long as you can, but don't feel guilty if you don't make it all the way to a year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)