Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NAUSEA & MIGRAINE

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 11:06 AM
  • 4 Replies
Okay, so I swear I have had morning sickness (morning, noon, & night) since the second I got preggers....... I am now 12wks 4days pregnant and still sick..... It got so bad last week that I was vomiting blood.... Dr... said it was cause my throat was irratated...
I've heard try more frequent, yet smaller meals.... that doesnt work. Dr. told me that I shouldnt take anything for it.

MIGRAINE: I have had a horrendous headache for 4 days now, at times it gets so bad I cant lift my head.... asked the dr about this while I was talking to him the other day and he said take tylenol.... I take it and vomit it rightr back up....

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS other than find a NEW OB?
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kristen912
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 11:33 AM
have some ginger ale or gaterade and then when you feel a little bit better take the tylenol
MicMac
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 11:39 AM
I would find a new ob.. shouldnt he be a little more concerned about you vomiting blood.  Mommy needs to be healthy. I too was super sick and had to take phenigrin to get buy daily! It makes you tired but my ob told me it was safe. I tried to take it  only at night so that I had less chance of throwing it up also.  As far as headaches I had and still have those at 22 weeks.  I was told tyelnol but that didnt touch it.  I was given a prescription (cant think of name right now) but only had to take it once .. they kinda went away as soon as I b*tched about it long enough.  I do have them but now its like when baby boy goes through growth spurt ... maybe its a boy? LoL.  I feel for you hun I really do. Been there doing that! Good luck
mamaof2babies78
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 11:39 AM
Is there anything you have eaten or drank that hasnt made you sick?  When I was pregnant with my first, I was extremely sick through the whole pregnancy.  The only thing that didnt make me sick was drinking, and I know it sounds gross, dill pickle juice.  lol  Try and find something that helps!
As far as the migraines, does sleeping help at all?  Have you tried laying with your eyes closed?  I know that there are some pressure points on the body that can help with headaches...maybe look that up on the internet!
GOOD LUCK  I hope you start feeling better!
Pudge_Pie20
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 11:46 AM
i'd get a new doctor, he really should care more about mommies health, i got absolutley horrible sickness to for like 3 weeks, i couldn't even keep water down and would still be dry heaving, and my doctor had me start taking a b-6 suppliment 3 times a day and unisom to help get me through the night without puking, and within 3 days i felt better, (and it was the medicine because if i missed a dose i started getting queasy almost immediatly. so talk to your doctor about maybe taking b-6 or so, (like i said, i'd go to a new doctor and then ask them) and for the migranes have you tried sleeping with a cold washcloth over your forehead? that always helped me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured