Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

so many feelings...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 1:35 PM
  • 1 Replies
hi moms! i'm new to this site. i'm just needing a bit of support.... i found out this morning that i'm pregnant. this is a HUGE surprise. we have two little boys, ages 3 and 14months. the new baby will be due two months before my middle turns 2 and 3 months before my oldest turns 4. so i'll have 3 kids that are three and under... i'm feeling very overwhelmed at the thought...  i'm worried about providing enough attention for everyone, being patient enough, just being enough for everyone in general. currently i'm a stay at home mom, i worry if financially we can make it with a third... i'm generally not a worrier, so this is a very new role for me. and to top it all off, i'm feeling guilty about all these feelings....
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
tjack2
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 2:22 PM
I think that I can understand where you are coming from.  I just found out a couple of weeks ago that I am expecting my third child.  You see, last month my period was totally messed up in the fact that it was 4 days late and even then it wasn't really normal, so they have me due in February, but I think it's more like March.  Anyways, I have two little girls ages 2 and 3.  My oldest will be 4 next month and my youngest will be 3 in December, so, by the time that I have my baby, I will have three children 4 and under.  I am also very worried about finances and how we will be able to afford having another baby and I too am having a hard time being excited about it.  My husband is very excited and he just wants me to be excited and enjoy it, but my practicality won't let me.  The only thing that I can say is that this baby is a blessing from God and that if we trust in Him, he will see that everything is there for us to be able to afford these new babies.  We can't just sit there and wait for it all to be better. Our husbands have to go out and make money and we have to prepare ourselves physically, emotionally and spiritually. As far as having enough love, didn't you worry about the same thing when you had your second baby.  I know I did.  As we quickly discovered, we had enough room there to love, care and provide all of the necessary things that both of our children needed and adding another baby will end up being the same way.  One thing I just started doing with my two is having one on one time with each one by themselves and then having family time, that way I will always know all of my children and their different personalities and hopefully as they get older, I won't lose touch with them.  I am hoping that it is something that I can keep doing even after the baby is born and then just start including the baby as it gets older.  Hopefully this helps you and you can try doing something special with just you and your oldest one day and then another day that week, do something special with just you and your youngest.  If you want to be friends, just add me and hopefully we can help each other out during this time.  Good luck and congratulations!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)