Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Crazy Cravings Anyone?

Posted by   + Show Post
Okay, first of all, I'm pregnant, and ice cream and pickles still sounds incredibly gross to me.  But I was curious to see what wierd cravings everyone is having.  With my first pregnancy the wierdest craving i had was french fries with ketchup and hidden valley ranch dressing.  With this pregnancy i keep fixing turkey breast deli meat with strawberry jelly sandwichs.  And i always have this insane craving for shredded beets.  I think i'm scaring my mom and my husband :)
by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 7:37 PM
Replies (11-17):
thurstensmom
by Member on Mar. 21, 2007 at 11:50 AM
Hi I'm almost nine weeks pregnant with my second child, my cravings right now have been lemons with salt I think because of the ms also it helps with that yucky saliva taste in my mouth. with my first I craved bacon double cheeseburgers from Burger King :) I think I had at least 4-5 of them a week! I have had major aversions to Maple syrup and coffee right now too and I am a HUGE coffee drinker :( with my first I couldn't stand the smell of beer!
SusieQAllen
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 11:59 AM
this will be my first and in the beginning all iw anted to eat was mexican. now i'm eating a piece of toast with miracle whip and pickle relish. now it's a piece of toast with parmesan cheese and delic heese slices with miracle whip. i've had a horrible time with nausea and now i'm finally coming out of that but haven't craved anything except for cookies. i can't seem to eat ANY flavored ice cream. just plain vanilla
naiashashi
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 12:47 PM
I'm still waiting for the weird cravings and I'm 33 weeks.. LOL!  The only thing that I want constantly is ice, I can't stop chewing on ice.. :p
veronicademing
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 11:04 PM

Quoting naiashashi:

I'm still waiting for the weird cravings and I'm 33 weeks.. LOL!  The only thing that I want constantly is ice, I can't stop chewing on ice.. :p

When I was pregnant with my son, I ALWAYS had to have ice.. Three or four times a day.. It had to be a certain kind of ice from a gas station by my place at the time.. Their ice was cylinder and very crunchy and the smell of it was unbelievable.. LOL I would ALWAYS have to smell the ice while I ate it and b4 I ate it.. I ate ice all the time for the last half of my pregnancy.. I also ALWAYS had to have those chicken quesedias from Taco Bell.. I mean it was so bad that when I heard the name chicken quesedia, I would picture this nice cheesey chickeny quesedia and have to have one right then.. Even if it was to late to get one.. If I didn't get it, I would still be craving it the next day.. In the second or third month I was pregnant, I consumed a whole jar of pickles in two hours and now, I can't even stand to look at them.. Its sad, bc pickles were my favorite thing to eat.. With all the food that I ate when I was pregnant with my son, he doesn't like to eat anything..

Now, with this pregnancy, I don't crave much of anything.. Sometimes I don't even like to eat, but I have to make myself so my baby is healty and I'm healty.. Just today, I started craving maple and brown sugar syrup.. I just want to get a gallon of it and eat it with a spoon.. LOL..
liltymesmom
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 12:56 PM
Mine isn't as crazy as most posts on here, but with my son, I had to have spaghetti that wasn't fully cooked with hunts tomato sauce about 5-6 times a week. He's 2 1/2 and that's his favorite food (I do fully cook the noodles now) . With this pregnancy, I can't really stand the red sauces, so I'm onto the cheesy sauces...I eat macaroni and cheese about 3-4 times a week. Just finished a bowl actually!  Smile
jenifuz
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 2:54 PM
I'm craving sweets!  I made half a batch of sugar cookie dough the other day and ended up eating it all by myself the next couple days!  My husband was looking for it last night and I had to break it to him that I had finished it in the morning!!  I don't want the cooked cookies, just the dough!  I am also wanting fresh fruit, unfortunately the ones that are out of season and expensive! 
momala05
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 3:21 PM
The past few weeks all I can think about is fruit mainly watermelon and oranges too..yummy yummy!!
When I was pregnant with my daughter I would eat about a jar of pickles every 2 days. And I ate those fudge brownie Sundays for McD's for a week straight; until I went to the doc and she told me I gained 5 lbs in 1 week...I haven't eaten brownies and ice cream together since..LOL I started buying those dole fruit bars for the grocery store, so if I wanted ice cream I would eat that instead.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)