Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I wrong for feeling this way!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:09 AM
  • 10 Replies
OK.. here it goes...

Me and my husband have been blessed with two wonderful boys and a baby on the way! Well my husbands cousin who is VERY over weight has been trying to get pregnant for over a year now! Well.... the "family doctor" she has been seeing told her he would not approve Fertility treatments until she got in shape and lost weight. Well she went to another Doctor and he said the same thing. Well when I found out I was pregnant again.. and told family I heard she was making mean comments etc....

Well I told my Husband to tell her that I feel very bad she has not got pregnant but, if she wouldn't eat 2 boxes of chocolate cookies a day and eat nothing but unhealthy foods that might help!  And at the last family get together she ate 3 HUGE hamburgers and 2 hot-dogs and well.. didn't stop at that she had to have desert!

Don't get me wrong I feel bad but, I don't feel sorry for someone who won't help themselves!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtoariana617
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:14 AM
It's too bad she's not happy for you, but some people are like that. I don't think you are wrong for feeling this way at all. I can also understand how she maybe feeling too. It is really hard to be happy for somebody when they get what you want the most. Maybe though if you talk to her about it and help her with her eating habits, I don't know though she maybe offended by that, or she may take your help. Good luck
TiggerMom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:16 AM
I agree with you. Besides she shouldn't take out her problems on you just because you got pregnant.

adyelise485
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:18 AM
Personally I don't think you are wrong at all for feeling that way.  If she really wants to get pregnant then she will do what the doctor says to do, she will start eating healthy and losing weight.  You can't  help someone who won't help themselves first.  She has to want to do it in order for it to happen and by what you are saying if she is still eating unhealthy and in huge amounts then she really must not want to or care.  She shouldn't be saying things about you because you are pregnant again that is not her place. 
luvmyfam
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:21 AM
I wouldn't either...Everything I read said that it was harder for over weight women to concieve to begin with. If she wanted a baby she should try her best to do everything she can to make it happen.

jessicazpjp

Thanks Ladies :)

tscorpio72
I don't like when people complain about ANY of their problems if they're not trying to fix it.  If it's out of your control, that's one thing, but don't just whine about it, and do nothing else.  I was infertile for 4 yrs until I had IUI, so I understand the pain of not being able to get pregnant, but she has to do her part first.  I don't blame you for feeling the way you do.
sweettigeress
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:27 AM
I agree with your feelings on the matter. I wouldn't be able to feel sorry for someone who won't help themselves either. If she wants a child bad enough she needs to do what the doc told her to do and lose the weight. She should be happy for you and not jealous. Jealousy will get her nowhere in life but straight back to that box of cookies.

Saria Lynn due August 8

jessicazpjp
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:30 AM
lol... Thanks!  ;)
destiny48
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:40 AM
It may be as Simple as a urinary tract infection?... have her check it out :)
risonski
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:43 PM
I know where you're coming from. Honey and I weren't trying to get preggo, it just kind of happened, and his sister was saying awful things about the baby being a mistake and how it should have been aborted to the whole family behind our backs. Why? Because everyone thought she was the next to have a baby, and it was well known that she realllllly wanted to get pregnant... It's that sour grapes thing...

If she really wants a baby, she should do what the doctor says. As cruel as it sounds, she's putting food before her want of a child. Obviously the baby isn't that important to her.

Check out my little man's website! www.totsites.com/tot/jakeweaver

CafeMom addicts unite! www.cafemom.com/group/superchatters

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)