Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im sick of being Sick!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:33 AM
  • 4 Replies
UUUGGGGG!!!!! I hate morning sickness! I have it all day long! I never had this with my 1st. its so hard to do anything. does anyone have any helful tips to settle my stomach?
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
youngmum1234
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:37 AM
aww i feel for you...i never haorning sickness with my first either...i got lucky..im worried next time i wont be so lucky lol....i was told that eating smaller meals and crackers help......if not the the doc have a med that helps and doesnt hurt the baby
jessicazpjp
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:38 AM

Girl I know how you feel! With both of my boys I never got sick. This one must be a girl! I am soooooooooooooooo sick. something that really helps me is the Preggie Pop Drops! Goodluck!

Whitney242
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:40 AM
You can take Vitamin b6 with Unisom three times a day for nausea my doc told me this yesterday and it is no medication per say its better than phenegran and it will help just stay hydrated or you will get cramps

muddymama
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:46 AM
 I just replied to a similar post yesterday.  I know exactly how you feel.

I had really bad morning sickness for all three of my pregnancies - I didn't really throw up, but just felt nauseous ALL the time.  There was nothing that really took the nausea away.  It's frustrating and depressing not to enjoy your food or not have an appetite.  I understand!!  Here are some things that kinda helped me:

ginger root- try to steep a few small bits of fresh ginger or the powder in some in tea like chamomile or mint or regular tea whatever you can handle.

Also you can buy the sugared or crystallized ginger and kinda eat little bits of that throughout the day.  Ginger has something in it that helps ease nausea

Chew gum or suck on hard candies or mints - just keeping something in my mouth always helped me.  Focusing on a bad taste in your mouth or all that extra saliva used to make me so sick - gum and candy helped to distract me.

Apples - The pectin in an apple helps settle your stomach - Don't eat it with the peel though - Just peel it and try to eat little pieces.  Apple sauce is good too.

Eat bland foods in little amounts throughout the day- try to eat lots of fruit.  I ate things like rice, baked potato, fruit, toast, soup, bagels, boiled chicken and even ate baby food.  I loved the bananas, apples and fruit medley.
Don't eat greasy, spicey food or try to stay away from cheese and milk.  I became lactose intolerant with 2 pregnancies and dairy made me sick.

REST if your tired.  - I found that if I was tired it made my morning sickness worse.  Lay down and rest whenever you feel drained.

B-Complex vitamins - Sometimes helpful

Watch those prenatal vitamins-they might upset your stomach too.  Consider taking a gel form of pill.  If you skip days it's ok, and try to take them before bed.

Hope you get to feeling better - Hugs :)  This too shall pass!

Mother of 2 with one on the way.... 

- Moderation is good as long as you don't overdo it -

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)