Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant Smokers

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:36 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hi i'm Joni and i'm a 28 year old proud mom of two boys,  I'm currently 15 weeks with my third, is there anyone else here still smoking while preg?

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswilson23
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:40 PM
some times i trided but i couldn't both my pregnancy i got sick every times and there were times i need one.
jessicazpjp
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:50 PM
I am soooo glad I quit!
I didn't with my 2nd and he only weighed 6 lb
My Oldest I did quit smoking and he weighed 7lb 2oz
love741
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:06 PM
I'm 22, and started smoking when i was 13.  The day i found out i was pregnant, was the last day i smoked. (currently 34 week, and crave one ALL the time!!!)
jayde_angel
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:14 PM
I just found out I am Pregnant on Sunday morning, I have only had 3 cigarettes since Saturday. I'm trying real hard to quit. With my first I quite cold turkey when I found out but this one I am having a harder time with quitting.
tjack2
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Ok, so I only smoke occasionally and at the time that I found out I was pg with my third, I quit cold turkey.  My sister-in-law, who is due in October has smoked throughout her entire pregnancy, not all of the time though.  She just has one when she gets really, really stressed and doesn't think she can handle it.  I hope that this helps and if you do decide to quit good luck.  We will all support you either way.  Good luck with it all and please keep me informed of how it is going for you.

headofthetribe
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 11:34 AM
I started a private group for pregnant smokers so we can support each other in trying to quit or cut down.  Come check us out.
Peace & Blessings
AngelDust

http://www.cafemom.com/group/pregnantquittershealthierbabies
dwilmoth
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 12:01 PM
I used to smoke along time ago.  I put them down way b4 I got preg.  But if you have the courage and strength to quit I promise the longer you are away from them the easier it gets.  I used to smell cigarettes and almost die for one.  Now the smell grosses me out.  It took 5 years but it is worth it.
doglover3
by on Jul. 27, 2007 at 7:08 PM
I smoked some before i was pregnant.  I am lucky because being pregnant the smell of smoke bothers me.  Smoking is an addiction and I know it can be very hard to quite.  Just do your best to limit yourself.  My sister-in-law smokes a pack a day.  When she was pregnant her dr told her that she could have 3 cigs a day. 
whodeychic84
by on Jul. 27, 2007 at 11:01 PM
i do and i am18 weeks
kaylin815623
by on Jul. 27, 2007 at 11:04 PM
I smoke sometimes when I get really stressed. It seems to be the only thing that helps calm me because I get so emotional. I know, its no excuse. But I feel soo guilty and my boyfriend really hates it when I do. Im 20 weeks prego.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)