Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C-section worries.... docs don't seem to care! Please read....

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:12 PM
  • 3 Replies
Something just crossed my mind. Ok so I'm soo big that it looks like I'm due with twins. Well it's just one and he's the right size. The doctors said it's because my hips are so small and he has to sit up high. My cousin is a week ahead of me and her baby is too big and I'm still twice as big as she is. The doctors didn't think I would make it past 36 weeks and that was 3 weeks ago. Everytime I go in for my appointment they are suprised to see me still pregnant. So what I don't get is if my hips are so small, why are they letting him get bigger? Why haven't they induced? They always talk about how small my hips are but yet they aren't doing anything to reduce my chances of a c-section. I'm really getting worried about this!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jessicazpjp
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:15 PM

I would sit down and tell them you are worried and ask why they have not induced? If they are rude or get smart go straight to another OBGYN office and find another doctor!!!

momtoariana617
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:18 PM
They want to wait it out, same thing happened to me. I was nine days late and she was stuck. So I had to have a C-Section after being on the pit for nine hours and my water broke long before that, like the night before that. Are you dialated at all? Ariana never really did drop, so you may want to start planning for a c-section. Sorry, I know it sucks. Are you going in for the non-stress test yet? and have you had another ultra sound lately to see how big the baby is? Good luck with everything, keep me posted
rfurlongg
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:34 PM
i've been where you are. i have what my dr called a "platepoid pelvis" which means i have very little room front to back and smaller than avg side to side.  i knew this going into labor. my doctor told me i would mostly likely deliver early, but they didn't want to induce me because that would increase the chances of a c-section.  my oldest was born and 37wks, i went into labor naturally but after many many hours i did end up with a c-section. however with my second baby had a very succesful vaginal birth.  he was born at 38wks. i also absurdly enormous with both of them and extremely uncomfortable. hang in there, it really is better for you and the baby to let your body do it's thing. please feel free to ask any question you might have.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)