Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

problems with the placenta.

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:14 PM
  • 2 Replies

Poll

Question: have you ever heard of this Placental Fibrosis Infarction?

Options:

Yes

no

have had it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

Ok I am 20 weeks pregnant and I went to the doctor and she informed me that I had this placental fiborosis infarction with my youngest daughter. She said it wuz in my medical records from my youngest placenta and I wuz never told about this until now. Ok my doctor tells me that there is a good chance that I could have it with this baby that I am carring now. Ok what is it I have done research and still have not found anything that I understand or tells me about this condition. I know that I am really starting to freak out about it. So if anyone knows what it is please let me know. thankyou

Ok I have found out a couple of things. Well it is a blood clot that forms in the placenta. It can cause low birth weight. It also can cause miscarriage. Death to baby and momma if the blood clot moves. Ok scarry I am scarred out of my mind. Ok my doc also told me that we are not sure if I have this or not. But once you get it you are most likely going to get it again. ya. not really. Ok so somehow they are testing my blood to see what the blood clotting is doing. Not for sure how. I went to go get the results on the 17 only for my doctor to come in and say I have bad news. Ok never ever do I want to hear those words. Especially coming from my doctor. But she came in to tell me that they can not find the results of my blood work. So hooray for me I get to get 12 capsules of blood drawed again. Ok so I have a altrasound Tomorrow and maybe just maybe we can see what we are having. Also we should be seeing if this baby might have TAR Syndrome like my youngest.  And I should find out what my blood work has to say on the 31. So everyone I am praying and worrying myself to death. and hoping for the best I will do a update on my page to let everyone know what is going on. Also if anyone has heard of either condition Placental Fibrosis Infarction and TAR Syndrome. Or maybe have had it or no someone who has please let me know. would like to talk
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JaimeLynne714
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:45 PM
I know how you feel. Pregnancy is a scary thing especially when you know you either already have or could possibly have a complication. I have never heard of that, but i was and am still in the same boat. I had placenta accreta and almost bled to death. When i try to have a baby again i am probably gonna have this complication again. it is one of the leading causes of maternal death and so rare it only affects one in 7500 live births. my doc actually pleaded with me to not have another, but i think i am going to anyway. I cant find another person with my problem either, so i am kinda alone too. if you ever need to talk i am on here just about every other day or so, message me and get some of it off of your chest if you need! maybe it will make us both feel better. congrats on your baby, and i hope it all works out for the best!
rfurlongg
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:26 PM
how terrifying! keep us posted. you are in my thoughts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)