Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about C-Sections... Want to know personal experiences!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:25 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hello all!  Well, today I went to the doctor... I am 40+ weeks and I am still only 1cm dialated, as I have been for about one month.  Monday morning my husband and I will be going into labor and delivery to get this baby out of me!  Since I have a minor, but relevant heart condition my doctor is concerned about inducing me and the chance of me having a stressful long labor, since my cervix is only at 1cm and not very favorable for induction.  He also feel that my pelvis is a little small and labor might be very difficult for me.  However, lucky for me the baby is measuring around 7lbs, but we all know how off those measurements can be.  So, with my situation he wants me to prepare for the idea that I might indeed need a c-section. 

So, if anyone has positive c-section success stories and experiences I would love to be enlightened!  :)  Please only positive stories, I don't want to be scared before going to the hospital!  I am already very nervous!  :)

Best,

Kristina

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jcuddlebunny07
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:30 PM
Well my story is a little like urs twice! With my first baby I only dilated 1cm the whole pregnancy so I had to get a c-section which went well I healed up good, then 6 months later I got pregnant with my 2nd baby and like the 1st I only dilated 1cm again and had to have another c-section, this time it hurt and it took longer for me to heal! but good luck!
Jessmd2000
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 8:57 AM
Hi hun I'm sure you will have nothing to worry about.I'm 24 and had 2 -c-sections,my first born was a vaginal delivery.My 2nd pregnancy was with twins and one was breached when I went into labor so they did a c-section,my 3rd pregnancy I went into labor at 35 weeks and they did a repeat c-section everything went great.I will be having another c-section again with this baby.I'm not sure how every hospital works but mine lets you meet the anasteaseologist(sp) before the delivery and they will ask you questions and tell you what their going to do.I had a spinal it doesnt hurt too much the numbing medacine is what stings.I asked them to catherize me after I was already numb so I didnt have to feel it.I would say from pre to finish takes about an hour,but it takes longer to stitch you up then to deliver the baby.You might get the shakes from the spinal its totally normal.I'm not sure if they will put you back in your room right after or like my hospital we go to the recovery room until we start getting are feeling back.If you have any questions feel free to ask me,I tried to remember everything.Dont worry I'm sure everything will be fine.Take care! 

pregnancy calendar
jms124
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 1:21 PM

My c-section went very well.  The spinal made me shake, but that's normal.  It's a weird feeling when they are delivering the baby, I couldn't feel anything but I did notice I could feel pressure when the doctor leaned on me to help deliver the baby.  Plus, I got some really great pain meds afterwards :-)  Plus, the mos positive thing of all...sex won't be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway!  Sorry, that was my fiance's way of looking at it and it always made me laugh.

sgr123
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 1:25 PM
My first was a little more difficult than my second only because I had been induced and labored for 36 hours.  Either way, both surgeries went well, babies were healthy.  The recovery is different, but not too bad.  The meds are great.  Frankly I was more afraid of a vaginal delivery than a section.  Couldn;t stand the thought of my hoo hoo having to possibly be cut. lolol  Everything will be fine.  I will be going for my third in January.  Just relax and try not to be too scared.  I will warn you, post op, my face itched horribly.  The nurses said it is a common reaction to the spinal.  I had an epidural with the first so I didn't experience that.  Best of luck to you!!!
adeanne
by on Aug. 7, 2007 at 2:32 AM
Natural or c-section you still get the pain the only diferance is when you feel the pain.  I had two natural and two c-sections.  I would rather have a c-section and a nice healthy baby than go natural and kill myself or my baby.  Only advice keep up on your pain meds and have some one there to help you.  My first c-section was an emergancy one the second one was planned.  After all that is important is that you have a wonderful healthy baby.  want a poitive after a c-section you have less bleeding.  There are great pain meds for after a c-section I have no regretts.
JenE4
by on Aug. 7, 2007 at 10:02 AM
Kristina, how'd it go? I just joined yesterday, so you may have an update thread somewhere, but it looks like your c-section would have been on July 30?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)