Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

15 and pregnant and really scared

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:14 AM
  • 10 Replies
Well my name is Hannah and i m almost 5 months pregnant but i have never experienced pregnancy before and its truly amazing but i watch these shows and it looks like it hurts so much and im really scared like what if i dont know when im going into labor or something... Can you all share some of your experiences with me like what was having your baby like

I LuV MY BaBy
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bobbie2003
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:18 AM
Hello dear, I have 4 children and trust me you will know when you are going into labor. Have you thought about taking a lamaze class. They will teach about all the worries; ask your doctor about it.

Bid ye the Wiccan Laws ye must, in perfect love and perfect trust.
Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill: An ye harm none, do as ye will.
And ever mind the rule of three, what ye sends comes back to thee.
Follow this with mind and heart, and merry meet and merry ye part.

amyb7848
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:23 AM
first of congratulations!

Second I guess I will start with my oldest.  Pregnancy is such a great thing and it's so fun!  Labor for my first was pretty standered I guess, my water started to leak ( I was 38 weeks) and I had contractions right after.  I was in labor with her for 11 and a half hr's with no pain meds, no iv's no nothing!  It took maybe 10 min's to push her out. 

my second I was induced because my water started to leak ( I was 38 weeks along) But I didn't have contractions, so they gave me pitosin to get the contractions started.  I was in labor for 5 and a half hr's and it took maybe 3 or 4 pushes and she was out! 

Everything will be fine!  Don't stress about it!  Congratulations again!!

collectivecow
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:27 AM
I just had my baby a week ago and went through many of the same fears you are going through now while I was pregnant.  It's really different for every woman, but preparing yourself and reading a ton can be comforting.

For me, it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated.  I did have a few complications and ended up getting an epidural - which was a godsend to the pain of contractions. As long as you're mentally prepared and focus on the positive aspects of childbirth you'll be ok.

Just remember, that when all is said and done you'll have a beautiful baby that you will love unconditionally.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
AngieLala
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:31 AM
Don't worry about not knowing when you are going into labor...you'll know when it's time. I can't explain it, you just know! The contractions were very painful for me, but I had pitocin to speed things up, which makes it more painful. It feels like your entire stomach is really tight and having one giant cramp. I would definitly recommend getting an epidural if you are sensitive to pain though. Word of advice though.......DO NOT LOOK AT THE NEEDLE!!!!!! The needle pain is nothing comparred to a contraction, so just keep your eyes off it!!! LOL!  It is all very worth it and rewarding, I'm sure you'll be fine! And just to let you know, all women are very scared about birth when they are preggo with their first :)

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

mom-i-mia
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:12 AM
I'm  preggers too and I'm due in less that a week I'm going through some of the same fears that u r  accept my due date is right here ha-ha but yeah all of it from what Ive read seems like good advice to me and what my parents have told me is just remember women have been giving birth for millions of years its not something that is unheard of but yeah I'm there on the whole needle thing i hate needles but i find if i just don't look at it it really does help i usually get in position and close my eyes b4 they even bring it in the room ha-ha but if u want to do it without drugs i cant completely say because i haven't been through it but me personally would have to set it in my mind that one-  yes it hurts but it will be over soon two- I'm gonna do this i can take it and three- my baby will be here and that will make it worth it and PS breath in out in out in out i dunno but ill get back to you within the next week or so ha-ha about how it goes for me
mom0407
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:13 AM
Every woman and every delievery is different...you will know when it is time...just remember you body was MADE to create and deliver a baby...go in with a positive attitude and flow with the contractions....try to relax as much as possible....bring something for a focal point if you want...like a picture or knick knack of some kind...or bring music that soothes you...
Just remember in the end the pain is gone and you will be holding the most precious gift in the world  :)

Good Luck!!!!
GossamerBloom
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:33 AM
Just remember that your body already knows how to have a baby. Women have been doing it since the beginning of time. Although I am a huge fan of the epidural. Whoever invented that should be famous. :)
Just trust your instincts and believe in yourself. Mother hood isn't easy, but it is amazing.

~Elizabeth~

Isaiah 53:5

Huntersmommy87
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:54 AM

I wasn't as young as u but I was 18 and I was also scared but everything kinda of just flowed together and u will be suprised how well u handle things that u never knew u could.

MrsLaher
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:14 AM
I agree with all the other mommy's.  I didn't know I was in labor at first when I had my first baby, cuz it was random back pains.  But a few hours later, there was no mistake.  I didn't wanna go to the hospital too early so I called and they said whether or not you are going to get pain meds, if you feel like you need them, come in. 

pregnancy due date

SWEET_MAGI
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:42 AM

HI MY NAME IS STEPHANIE, WOW 15 YOU BEAT ME BY ONE YEAR. I WAS WHERE YOU ARE. I HAD NO-ONE THERE AND I WAS SCARED OUT OF MY MIND. I'M NOW 27 AND ON MY 5TH BOY. I'M MARRIED NOW AND HE'S A GREAT MAN . BUT I WENT A LONG TIME WITHOUT ANY MAN OR FRIENDS. WELL MY FAMILY DIDN'T TALK MUCH TO ME EITHER SO I WAS ALONE. I HATE TO SEE ANYONE BE WHERE I WAS ,I HOPE YOU CHOOSE THE RIGHT ROAD. THERE'S ALOT OF CHANGES IN STORE FOR YOU BE READY TO DECIDE SOMEONES LIFE. IF YOU NEED TO TALK I'M HERE, I CHECK MY EMAILS OFTEN. GOOD LUCK
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)