Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

curious.....

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:27 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hello everyone! Ok, this is my first pregnancy and I have no clue about anything yet. I am about 24 weeks and am I suppose to be feeling my baby moving? Maybe I am-what is it suppose to feel like? Is it okay that I am not showing very much yet? I can't take prenatal vitamins because they make me really sick-any suggestions? Is it bad that I am not taking them, I mean I am pretty healthy and everything. Thanks for all who apply.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kasek
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:42 AM
I'm not as far along as you are yet (14 weeks with my first) but I know that you should start feeling the baby move around 18 to 20 weeks.  As for the prenatal vitamins, I had the same problem as you!  My doctor said that i can take 2 Flinestone vitamins a day.  I take them right before bedtime and I haven't had a problem feeling sick.  I hope this helps!
mandajean9
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:49 AM
Thanks so much-I am going to try flinestones.......
angelachristine
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:53 AM

I wasn't the best at taking my prenatal b/c they stopped me up and they found at one of my check ups I was anemic so you should defiantly take something. I'd try the Flintstone's if you wind up having to take extra iron for some reason you can counter it by either eating leafy green veggies (lettuce, spinach, kale, ect..) or taking fiber pills that way the iron doesn't stop you up.

pregnancy due date

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

mommy2andi
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:59 AM
I tried every known prenatal vitamin too and so far with both pregnancies, I get really sick...I even tried at different hours.  My dr. said as long as I eat very well, he isn't concerned too much about it.  I am 25 wks along w/ #2, with my first I couldn't even tell she was there, she never kicked.  This one kicks me all the time.  The feeling is hard to describe.  Gas bubble or something.
kristen912
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:00 PM
the prenatal vitamins are mostly good cause they have folic acid and thats what you need the most! and the baby should be moving by now...i would tell the doctor that....you should feel the baby kicking and sliding around.
MrsT662
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:08 PM

I think your feeling normal, usually by 24 weeks the baby moves a lot.  If your not showing yet there's nothing wrong, every body is different and a lot of times of your first pregnancy you don't really show.  I didn't show mush on my first one eather. 

I know how bad the prenatal vitamins can be, the ones I take now make me a lito sick too and I think the ones that your doctor prescribes are usually the ones with the funny smell and  that's what makes me sick. 
I was told that you can go to Wal-Mart and buy the prenatal vitamins and there not bad at all.  It would be best if you do take them only to make sure that the baby is receiving the proper nutrition.  You could be healthy and I believe you but you should at least try and take the prenatal.

sweettigeress
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:13 PM
My prenatals used to make me throw up shortly after taking them. I later learned that I needed to eat then take them and my stomach handled them a lot better. But you def should take your prenatals. It doesn't matter if you're healthy or not. Your baby will be draining YOU of all your nutrients if there isn't enough there for the both of you, and they need the folic acid to prevent them from getting spina bifida along with many other serious diseases and illnesses. Try eatting something THEN taking it. You can also try other brands of prenates and even flintstones chewables will work. But you def should be taking something.

It's ok to not be showing at 24 weeks. I didn't really start showing till around my 30th-ish. Baby's movements feels sorta like a little flutter. It took me a while to figure out if I was feeling her move or if it was just gas bubbles.

Saria Lynn due August 8

youngmami123
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:10 PM
when i started feeling my baby move it felt like i had the bubblies, but then as she is growing i feel a baby just flipping around in there and i didnt start showing i was pregnant until i was 30 weeks, i asked my DR is that ok and he said ofcoarse everybodys different. about the vitamins i suggest u take them!, if u cant deal with ur prenatal vitamins ask ur doc if u can take the flinstones chewable vitamins for kids i heard those help just as well and give u all the important vitamins u need
mandajean9
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 7:58 AM
thank you guys so much and i will definetly talk to my doc about prenatals.
ValiVal
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 10:57 AM
I didn't start feeling my baby move until I was about where you are... it just felt very light at first, but TRUST me the intesity will pick up and you will know you are being kicked.
I got sick from my prenatals as well, the swallowing made me gag.  My doc prescribed nutrichews... bascially berry flavored chewable ones... and YES they are important, especially for your baby's brain development.
Have you had a 20 something week ultrasound yet? They check a lot out on the baby's progress with this one...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)