Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tubal???

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:23 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hey ladies! I'm a 24 yo mom of 3 and #4 is due in september, i had signed the papers to have a tubal done after i give birth, but i was informed at my last visit that unless i had to have a c-section (which is highly unlikely) that i will have to wait 4-6 weeks after i deliver! I just about wanted to cry, just about the time i get back to normal after having him i'll have to have this done! Has anyone else been told this, or had this happen to them or someone they know. I just want to make sure this is for real and not just my dr. Thanks in advance for all your help!

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
dwilmoth
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 10:26 AM
My SIL had one immediately after she gave birt.  Walked from the delivery room to the OR.  So maybe it depends on the MD.
jessicazpjp
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 10:32 AM
Hey hun! I was told they would take me into surgery right after I had the baby! Because they need the Uterus to still be very high up!
rika73
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 11:39 AM
I was told the same thing, that I have to wait for about 4-6 weeks.But there is a procedure they can do so you dont have to stay the night. THey do it during the day and you can go home the same day. THey put rings on your tubes and to be able to do that they can't be swollen so to say like they are right after giving birth.  THey also go in through your bellybutton to do the procedure.  I am looking into having that one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)