Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

39wks prego,lost mucus plug, 3cm dilated

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 11:33 AM
  • 3 Replies
i lost my mucus plug yesterday at 430pm usually people told me you start contractions right afterwards, but not me. so im guessing i wont on my own so if i dont have that bacteria protector am i at risk of getting my baby infected? let me knowww
i get induced next wed at 730am so thats what im looking forward to
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
yungmomof3
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 11:39 AM
no ur ok when ur water breaks thats when u are at risk, and it can still take up to a few weeks for contractions to start but if u are already 3cms. then u will go anyday now, but for now u are ok, just relax and get plety of rest u will need it, drink plenty of water, and eat, eat something when u go in to labor before u get to the hospital because they wont let u have anything but ice chips while in labor, but good luck and keep us updated on the new baby, if u have anyquestios feel free to ask, i have 3 babies, and i love to help, labor is my specalty!!
lyndonsmom
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 12:19 PM
I actually had my mucus plus pulled, I was 1/2 cm dialated, that was on a Thursday, I started having contractions that Saturday morning.  The doctors told me that it might not even put me into contractions so I think it is safe to not start having contractions.  You should be having your little one soon! Congrats!
riotgrrl
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 3:02 PM
I lost mine within the last few days before labor with all 3 of my kids. There's no danger of infections because the amniotic sac is still intact. The mucus plug renews itself so you'll probably have some thick, sticky discharge. Wear a pantyliner in case. You don't have long now Mama!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured