Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Shower drama

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:18 AM
  • 1 Replies
ok so i didn't take an active part in planning my shower, i was hoping it would be a surprise... well everyone keeps messing that up, but i'm concerned that not many people are going to come... and i guess i'm really starting to worry i won't get everything i need for my son. I'm a little disappointed with alot of my family that's had kids & had big family oriented baby showers that they haven't made any efforts for even small presents. What's wrong with me? Am I incrediably selfish?
Did anyone else have issues with it?
How the heck am i gonna afford all this new baby stuff...
Omg... is this just a sneak peek at the struggle to come?
Am I the only mom that oanics like this??
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
risonski
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:47 AM
You're not the only one, promise. And you're not selfish either. You don't want this stuff for you, you want it for the baby, which is perfectly healthy.

You say your family is big, and there have been many children... It might be a little underhanded (but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do) but start saying that you'll raid their houses for similar items to the ones you don't end up getting. They will probably re-think the need for a gift, selfishly wanting to keep their own items.

I was having the same concerns about my shower, because when I checked my registry online (nosy, I know) no one had purchased anything with only a day or two to go... Turns out many gave gift cards or money, or just didn't have the sense to have the clerk scan the registry to remove the items they had indeed purchased off it.

It is normal to panic (hello, nesting!) but you'll get the essentials. Next time you're at Target, wander by the book section and flip to page 7 of The Modern Girl's Guide to Motherhood. It gives you a list of things you need and things you don't, broken down by baby's age. It literally kept me sane before the shower, because it made me realize that I don't need it all at once. If I didn't get certain "crucial" items, I had time to buy them still, making it less of a shock on my budget. It is a great book, I love it!

Good luck! Try to relax, everything will turn out just fine.

Check out my little man's website! www.totsites.com/tot/jakeweaver

CafeMom addicts unite! www.cafemom.com/group/superchatters

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)