Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

question about the dentist?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 12:03 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have a dentist appointment tomorrow that I made a couple of months ago. I am supposed to be going for a cleaning and a filling, is it still okay to go being 9 weeks prego? I was going to call and ask but I don't want it to be a dumb question, any one else routinely visit the dentist during pregnancy???
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
naiashashi
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 12:09 PM
I had a pre-scheduled dental appointment too back when I was in my first trimester and the dentist just sent me home and told me to come back either in my 3rd trimester or after the baby was born.. i've elected to just wait now that I'm 33 weeks..

They can't take x-rays or anything of that sort and no anestesia either, I'd call and ask.

Congrats on your baby!!:)
SusieQAllen
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 12:10 PM
i went to the dentist at 19 weeks to have a cleaning and other major work done. doc was fine with it as long as he put something over the baby to protect against xrays so my dentist didn't bother to xray me at al since it was more something he could see
SusieQAllen
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 12:18 PM
i also had my gums numbed up and injected with numbing stuff which made the whole side of my face numb up. i needed the dental work done badly though. don't neglect your teeth!!!!! it can cause all sorts of birth problems if you had bad teeth like i did! i'm actually going next week to have the other side scraped and fixed back up. though i have peridontist or whatever disease. now i have pretty white teeth and i feel a ton better since there is no bacteria in my mouth anymore
mydarlings3
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 12:18 PM
I just went to my dentist about a month ago for a cleaning and told him that the hubby and I were trying(I've known him since I was little & his younger brother was the photographer at my wedding so he's no stranger). He told me he wants me to come in for a check up a couple of times while I'm pregnant. Not for x-rays or anything just a check up and maybe a cleaning. He said that pregnant women start having problems with their teeth and gums because the baby is taking all of that. I would go to your appt and when you get there be sure to tell them you're pregnant!
Becca87
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 12:20 PM
My OB told me you should wait until you're atleast 14 weeks (beginning of 2nd trimester). I went to the dentist at 16 weeks, and in 2 days, I'm getting a tooth pulled but they have to give me the shot since I can't have the gas.
SusieQAllen
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 12:24 PM
sorry about the tooth pulling :( i still have all four of my wisdom teeth that need to come out but he just told me not to worry about it, after the baby is born he is going to pull them all in one shot so i can have the gas
thurstensmom
by Member on Mar. 21, 2007 at 1:24 PM
Thanks girls! I called my dentist and they did recommend that I wait another month until I am in my second trimester, after that I can have all the work I need done!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)