Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is what they say true?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:49 AM
  • 5 Replies
Im new to the site, however, i was curious if any of you have also heard the old story about the "heartbeat tale"  they say that if the heart rate is above 160 its usually a girl....anything under is usually a boy and i was curious if this is something others have heard, if its true, or if they're any other "tales"   Also i was curious when your able to hear the heart beat through a stethoscope.  thanks so much
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
telecomgirl
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:09 AM
That's simply an old wives tale - my son was in the upper 160's from beginning to end of pregnancy...

and this one, a girl, so far she is in the 140's at every single visit...

Oh, and for the stethoscope thing, I heard you can past 25 weeks, but I'm not positive on that :)

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

mommacat
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:48 AM
Yeah that's definately not true. Based on that they told my mom I was going to be a boy!! Well I'm not!!! There's only 2 possibilites and it's lots of fun seeing if you can figure it out and being surprised at birth!! So far my  husband and I are 3 for 3 on the sex without being told by the doctor. We've known what each one was going to be, we just felt it!!

MamaBear777
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:52 AM
Ya, my MIL heard that and ended up planning for two girls and getting two boys:)
dkaam05
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:53 AM
well my baby's heartbeat was in the 120-130, but now it's in the 160s. and it's a boy

My names Kristina, I'm 23. I have a son Ashton (5) and a daughter Makayla (2) Were expecting a little boy Oct. 22nd.

ShelbiG
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:01 AM
YEP, totally not true... my baby's heartbeat was 150-160 in the beginning and it's a boy!  Needless to say I did get excited about it being a girl when I first heard the heart-rate was high.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)