Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fetal Arrythmia has anyone had it? Please help. (Posted in other groups)

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:38 AM
  • 8 Replies
All my previous checkups have been fine but today I went in and they checked the heartbeat and then the midwife left the room and brought someone else in and they checked it again and finally told me my baby's heartbeat was irregular. I go back in for another ultrasound on Friday and am so worried. Has anyone else experienced this and what happened?

My baby has been moving and kicking like normal. I never had this problem with my little girl but am terrified. I lost my last pregnancy at 4 months along and have been scared this whole pregnancy that something will go wrong.

pregnancy due date

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
angelachristine
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:32 PM
 I have asked this in 3 different groups and a journal post and no-one has responded. Unless you count the sicko last night that posted dirty pics on my question.  Is it that uncommon?

adeanne
by on Aug. 7, 2007 at 3:08 AM
I have heard of it don't know much Just pray all goes well On my 2 pregnacy they thought something might be wrong with the babys heart and turned out to be nothing.  Don't worry You will get another look at you little one.
liltymesmom
by on Aug. 7, 2007 at 9:33 AM
When I was about 22 or so weeks along with my now 3 year old boy, the nurses detected the same thing. They told me not to worry that it is common in the womb and usually corrects itself once the baby is born. Worry...ha! All I did was worry. However, by the very end of my pregnancy (36 or so weeks) they didn't hear it anymore on the doppler or detect it on the ultrasound and non stress test. He was born just fine. They checked his heartbeat at birth and it was beating like normal. In my case, the nurses were right and there was no worry. Try to stay positive and know that they will monitor you and your baby. I hope this helps some!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
JenE4
by on Aug. 7, 2007 at 10:05 AM
That sounds so scary for you! I'm sorry, I don't have any experience or advice--but I have positive thoughts to send your way! What did the doctor say?
angelachristine
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2007 at 5:25 PM
Well I went back in and they said the heartbeat was normal. Thank God but now they are telling me I have too much fluid so I have to go back Monday for another ultrasound. I had alot of problems with my little girl too. I don't think I "do" pregnancy well. 

pregnancy due date

jessicazpjp
by on Aug. 7, 2007 at 5:50 PM
I will be praying for you! :)
spababy120
by on Aug. 7, 2007 at 6:08 PM
I didn't have fetal arrthymia but I did have other things going on (baby too small, bleeding throughout first and second trimester, and now gestational diabetes).  I know it's hard not to worry and I totally understand what you mean by not doing pregnancy well.  I am not sure I'll be able to go through another first trimester!!!! Have you thought of getting a consult from a high risk Dr? They are more astute with these issues.  best of luck to you.
liltymesmom
by on Aug. 8, 2007 at 9:15 AM

Quoting angelachristine:

Well I went back in and they said the heartbeat was normal. Thank God but now they are telling me I have too much fluid so I have to go back Monday for another ultrasound. I had alot of problems with my little girl too. I don't think I "do" pregnancy well. 

pregnancy due date

Glad to hear they are keeping a watchful eye on you and your baby. I totally understand about not "doing" pregnancy well. I had problems with my first, lost my second baby and have gone on a roller coaster of a ride with this baby. People have asked if we are done having kids and when I tell them probably not (cause I've always wanted 3) they think I'm crazy! My husband is really afraid that I won't make it with another pregnancy. It seriously tears my body up! I guess there are some people who are lucky enough to have great pregnancies, and then there are people like us who have to trudge through, but knowing in the end it's for a good reason! Take care and keep us posted!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)