Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

38 weeks and nada

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 1:08 PM
  • 3 Replies
So went to the dr today and got checked to see if i have dialeted and nada nothing zero!!!! I could not belive it !! The dr was amazed that I have not dilated at all considering the baby has been teasing me with having irregular contractions!! I so hope this baby is not over due!!! Has any one else been to get checked for dialation and been nothing and something happen before the 40 weeks was up? I am so miserable with my feet swelling and hands and I am so tired of walking everyday too!!!
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Fawn80
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 2:50 PM
I was like that with my daughter.  I begged to be induced and they finally did it at just past 41 weeks. She did not want to come out.
My son, though, he was two weeks early and ready to go!
I'm really hoping that this one will be ready to go at 38 weeks also, but it's not looking so likely!
I hope something happens soon for you!!! 
riotgrrl
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 2:56 PM
Being dialated isn't necessarily a sign of how soon or how labor will progress. Some women can be dialated for weeks before labor starts and some go directly into labor from zero cm. Don't worry about it.
MalachisMommy06
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 2:58 PM
I was NOT dilated at all or ephased AT ALL at 38 wks then 3days later i went back for an ultrasound and they seen baby's fluid was low they check to see if i had dilated any since they were gonna induce me that day .. and i was 2cm and 70%... GOODLUCK!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN