Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

??? Problem with Birth Certificate Information ??? -help

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:37 AM
  • 3 Replies
ok i  am 19 weeks pregnant and due Christmas Day well we have been thinking lately about what we going to name our baby ... well here is the problem i am wanting to have the father of my childs name on the birth certificate but i am worried on what information is required from him ??? because as yall know that our age difference is a little off balance and i have already been through my parents and the clinic im just scared that the birth certificate is going to bite us in the butt ... i also want our child to carry on his last name ..?? so what do yall think ??
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
riotgrrl
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:39 PM
Call the records department at the hospital you'll be delivering at or your town clerk's office and find out what the policies are in your state. This is one of those things that really varies from state to state as far as how much info is needed from Dad, especially when the parents are unmarried it is handled differently in every state.
MeredithPope
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:50 PM
 the answer to your question as far as the birth certificate goes, the faters info thta they will be wanting is His name of course, Date of birth, birthplace, and adress if it is different than yours.

I have a copy of the form from both of my daughter in thier baby books, this is for oklahoma, i am pretty sure it is universal for all states though.

As far as wanting him on the birth cert. i believe that is totally up to you. It is your child together it is a decision that you need to make together.

As far as age differance goes as long as it is not anything thta is against the law then i wouldnt worry about it.   IT is not like they are going to arrest him.
youngmomma09
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:36 PM
well see he just turned 20 on June 17 and i wont be 17 until September 2 so ?? yeah we are just what a little over 3 years ?? so i dont know ... all i know is my parents are not  pressing charges against him but i dont know if the hospital or the state can?? and all we want is to start our family  
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)