Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to Vent!!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am so tired of my MIL, everytime someone says anything about this baby she always has to comment that it's going to be another boy. It gets under my skin so bad. She thinks that I will have another boy because she did. She is the only one on all sides of the family that has had 2 boys. No one on my side of the family has had 2 of anything. I want a girl so badly but she makes me feel like it's inevitable because she says so. Do any of you believe any of this?
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Rissa2008
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:11 PM
I have a problem with my family, too. I have a 3 year old whose going on 4 years old this September. My mom thinks I might have another boy. My boyfriends mother just comments alot, but through my boyfriend not directly to me yet. I guess I have to wait and see. I hope things get better soon.

~Rissa~

babies

pregnant

We are so blessed!

jessicazpjp
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:27 PM
UGH!!! I hate when people do that! I would just roll my eyes at her!
MamaBear777
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:31 PM

heh, she is just excited:)  And don't worry, the MIL saying it will be a boy is not like an evil curse that will make you have a boy no matter what:)  Everyone in my family had a sex preference and they all had to let me know just how they felt.  I just smiled and nodded 'cause I knew that it really didn't matter.  It's kinda funny to watch them get so worked up about something that they nor I have control over!  And in the end, you and they will all be happy no matter what they sex, you just won't be able to help it:)

mommy_tanya
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:16 PM
I'm sorry to hear that...although it kind of makes me laugh. My MIL is a chatter box, and very annoying at times, but it seems that as my pregnancy continues, EVERYONE gets more and more annoying. This is especially hard for me, being that my family lives in Fl, and I live in NY. But, to relate to your "problem," my mother was stuck on the fact that I was having another boy. Whenever she got the chance, she told any and everyone that I was having another boy, so I believed I was. I even planned to name him Aidan Micheal or Aidan James. My dad even got into it, stating how all of the women in his family had all boys or primarily boys, where the men had girls. And I had no way of proving otherwise. My cousin had 3 boys, I had a son, and everyone with the exception of my aunt had what my father was trying to prove. When I was 20wks pregnant, and went for my sonogram, I even told the sonographer not to bother with telling me the sex, because I knew I was having another boy. Then, she told me the best news ever: I was definitely having a girl! I was so shocked. It even took me a couple weeks after that examination to finally believe it. So, try not to stress too much over what others say, and just enjoy your pregnancy!
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
haidensmom
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 9:27 AM

Thank you all so much for your advice, it has actually made me feel better. Alot of you are right about alot of that. I'm not going to worry about it anymore it's just driving me crazy not knowing what it is! I try to ask as many questions to figure it out but not every pregnancy is the same. I'm just now visibly through clothes starting to show and it looks like I'm carrying low. Is it too early to tell how I'm carrying, it's been so long since I was pregnant with ds I have forgotten everything.
Jeepgirl02
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 10:20 AM
I don't believe that families have anything to do with what sex your baby is. Both me and my husband have girl first then boy. Well.....we are having three girls. So I would just take her comments and brush them off. The sex is already determined so let her say what ever she wants. Just make sure your healthy and happy. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)