Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tail-bone pain

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:33 PM
  • 4 Replies
So...I told my doc that I'm having some really bad pain in my tail-bone, to the point where it hurts to sit.  He examined me and found nothing wrong.  He told me to take some Tylenol for the pain, try not to sit for too long (yeah, right, I have a desk job that I commute 1 hour to each way) and use a pillow on harder surfaces.  Well the Tylenol doesn't really help and the pillow thing seems to make things worse.  I called and told his nurse this, they have no other suggestions.  I'm currently 17.3 weeks pregnant.  Has this happened to anyone?  Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to relieve the pain?  Thanks!
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SushiKitty
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:42 PM
i have always had that probiblem too ever since i had my son april 2007. but theres not much i can do about it. i dont know why it hurts.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

rousekelly23
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:44 PM
I had the same thing happen while i was pregnant  and my obgym would look at me like i was crazy when i would tell her about it.  -- sorry to tell ya but the pain didnt stop till I had my daughter. Hang in there
bc6isjustright
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:49 PM
I don't really know what to say I never had those types of pains before I do have bad back pain though.  Try laying flat on your back with a pillow propping up your legs and if that doesn't help then try putting a pillow in between your legs while you sleep.  During the day maybe try to stretch but I wouldn't want to strain anything.  If it get's worse keep on your doc that's what he's there for.

Good Luck
norasmama
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:42 PM
you may be developing a cyst. it isn't a bad thing, just hurts. i had one during my pregnancy, and also had it removed. just wait a little while and see if a bump begins to form. i was told by my dr that it happens alot to people who either workout alot and/or sit alot. which i was doing during my pregnancy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)