Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

70% & 1cm at 34 weeks?? (posted elsewhere)

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:16 PM
  • 4 Replies
So alot has been going on here. Lots of stress between me and hubby (he's in the proces of moving in w/ his 19 y.o. girlfriend) and I'm still working 40 hrs a week. I went to my Dr's apt today and told her about all that has been going on. She measured me belly and I'm 34 weeks but it measures more like 36 weeks. She asked me what my body had been indacating to me, because this is my 3rd baby and I kinda know, and so I asked her to check me before I left. To both of our suprises, I was 70% thinned and dialated to 1cm. I know that that can last for a while, but my labors w/ my other 2 kids were quick once I hit about 3 cm I HAD to go to the hospital. So I'm not due till 9/11, but it looks like she's coming early. Anyone else have their baby at 34-36 weeks? Was everything ok? I have enuf going on, and I need some suupport. Thanks!
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DUE012908
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:31 PM
Its my first so i havent had personal experience with that....however, I know people who delivered much earlier and had healthy babies. GOOD LUCK and sorry to hear about your hubby. My boyfriend started treating me like crap as soon as I got pregnant. Now we're broken up and he doesn't even call to see if the pregnancy is ok. It hurts and stresses you out but i guess it all happens for a reason. well thats held true in the past soooooo yeah.... But good luck. If you want to talk... I'm here.

pregnancy week by week
Bammm
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:59 PM
My 9 year old Aubrey was born at 34 weeks.  She is now in a size 7 shoe, and wears a junior 3.  She is 9.  She was in the hospital for about 2-3 weeks b/c she didn't eat and breath at the same time well, and was a little lazy.  But she came out screaming pink and wiggley.  And we have never had any long term effects.  She walked at 10 months, talked early, and is very bright and healthy.  Don't worry.  They do awesome things w/ babies born @ 20 weeks.  But get ready.
mbmomof3
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:22 PM

I just wanted to add that i was dilated to 2cm and 80% effaced at my 35 week appt and now at 39 weeks I still haven't had my baby.  It's also my 3rd.  My dr told me not to worry and not to expect to go into full blown labor any time soon.  I've also measured about 4 weeks ahead and he said that it's probably just the way the baby is positioned and that the measurements can vary from day to day even depending on how hydrated I am.  Just wanted to offer some reassurance!  Best wishes!

madisansmommy
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 8:24 PM
I just had my first baby in March of this year.  At 35 weeks I went to the hospital as I was having contractions.  When checked I was 2 centimeters, 90 to 100% thinned and at a plus one station for her head.  They sent me home as their weren't regular contractions.  Two weeks later I was 2 centimeters, 100% thinned and still plus one station and still not in labor.  Then at 39 weeks I was induced.  Wehn I arrived at the hospital I was 3 cm along instead of 2 and 5 hours later she was born.

Always, Kristi
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)