Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have a question...

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:36 PM
  • 2 Replies
Hi everyone! I'm new to this group and I just wanted to get some feedback.. I have an 8 year old daughter and my son will be 3 months in  a few days.. After this last pregnancy both my husband and I said that we were not going to have any more kids due to a few reasons.. One of them is being that with both kids, I developed pre-eclamspia. I was induced 3 weeks early with my son due to extremely high blood pressure and my liver was starting to mess up. Well, for the past few weeks I haven't been able to think of anything but wanting to have one more baby.. I didn't think my husband would really go for the idea, but after talking to him last night, he said it is a definite possibility. Of course I am so excited about that!! What I was wondering is how long should we wait before we start trying again. I'm just a little concerned about developing pre-eclampsia again. Didn't know if anyone else out there has gone through that before. Thanks!
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jms124
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:02 PM
I had such sever pre-eclampsia with my son that I almost died.  My son was born at 31 weeks, but he is so healthy and smart that you wouldn't know he was a preemie.  As soon as I was in the recovery room (had an emergency c-section) I told Justin I was ready for another.  Three weeks early isn't too bad.  Just some advice, get your docs ok first.  My BP has been so great this time around because my docs are watching me so carefully.
missi210
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:00 PM
Thanks for the advice!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)