Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Numbing pain......

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:34 PM
  • 3 Replies
There is a spot around my rib cage (near my sternum bone) that is PAINFUL and is also numb.   I feel as though I have a broken rib and its poking my lung.  I told my doc and they said it was either heartburn or pressure from my baby but by golly the pain wont go away!!!!!!!  I can barely lay down or sit or do ANYTHING....anyone have any advice to make it feel better???????
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gacgbaker
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 2:28 PM

Have you called the doctor to ask for any suggestions to help with the pain?  I would persue it a little more and really make sure your doctor understand how much it hurts... hope you feel better soon!

Amber

Children's Ministry Support Group Owner
Christian Finances Group Owner
Pregnancy Group Owner
Children's Health Issues Group Owner

dwilmoth
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 3:20 PM
Don't know if this is what it is but during my 1st tri I had the same thing off to the right a little.  Gall stones run in my family and I read if you are going to have a problem it can really flare during preg due to hormones acting all wacky.  Well that's what I think it was, it went away after 10 wks.  So maybe I may have problems again someday but hopefully not till after the baby arrives.  It was a very sharp stabbing pain.  Best wishes, I hope you feel better. 
Srich0625
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 3:49 PM
yea i told my doctor. he gave my pain killers but i really dont like taking them unless i REALLY have to but sometimes it doesnt help.  I go back in a week to the doctor so i can show him exactly what its doing
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)