Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How much wine can you drink while pregnant?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2008 at 6:22 PM
  • 45 Replies

Ok so i decided im going to have some wine tonight , but im not sure how much is safe?  im 34w5d pregnant .

btw everyone has told me wine is fine this is true right?

by on Oct. 26, 2008 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiffany0807
by on Oct. 26, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Just one glass.

mommywhynot
by on Oct. 26, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Me and my SIL have the same OB and she told both of us that 1 galss of RED wine up to once a week is fine. Although I have never tried this I have heard of other OB's saying its ok also.

VanessaPem
by on Oct. 26, 2008 at 6:28 PM

I'm far from perfect and will never claim to be. However I dont care if the dr says one glass is fine, I personally can wait for a drink until my son is born. If it's the taste Im cravin I'd see if a non alcoholic one would do.....but hey that's just me ;)

AlyssaRob1416
by on Oct. 26, 2008 at 6:29 PM

They really don't know how much wine is safe and how much is harmful to the baby, so most will reccomend that you don't have any. I don't think a glass will hurt, but there is really no guarantee.

sanderson_7
by on Oct. 26, 2008 at 6:29 PM

Im not sure, I know everything you ingest the baby does too, so essentially your baby will be drinking wine too.

Personally I wouldn't drink any, but thats just me, I try not to even take cold meds or tylenol when pregnant.

Come join my groups!!

My family is my life : http://www.cafemom.com/group/21455

Moms who do it all : http://www.cafemom.com/group/21489

Mamatwogirls
by on Oct. 26, 2008 at 6:30 PM

I hear one glass... but I dont believe in it to be honest. I think- whats the point . Its not proven how alcohol in varied amounts affects the fetus,  just that it does. So nobody knows for real, how '' just one glass'' affects the baby. Im not a perfect mom by any means, but I definetly dont believe in any alcohol when pregnant. no way. Only my opinion...... do what u want its your baby.

Waiting for my baby girlBlinkiesblinkies

Misheldonann
by on Oct. 26, 2008 at 6:32 PM

If it's the taste you're craving, then have a sip.  If it's a slight buzz...then this is pointless.  You are not supposed to feel alcohol AT ALL if drinking.  The baby is getting more of the effect than yourself. 

pregnancy calendar

pregnant
JollyRancher22
by on Oct. 26, 2008 at 6:33 PM

Our society pushes so much of that on us.....no caffine, no tuna, no alcohol which yes, it is true for certain reason but if you go over to Europe, women are having a glass of wine AND an occational ciggarrette.  No, the dont smoke all the time, but they might have 1-2 throughout their pregnancy and have perfectly fine babies.  Besides, we all kno that red wine is the best for us for many reasons.  If she wanted a margarita, that would be different, I say go for it, just have one glass and enjoy it and try to have red. 

Misheldonann
by on Oct. 26, 2008 at 6:34 PM
angelbaby8486
by on Oct. 26, 2008 at 6:35 PM

i had spumante, its alcohol free champagne. my dh made dinner one night and got that stuff it was nice. ide try that first.:0)

" Dream as if you will live forever, Live like today was your last day. "

Angelbaby8486--- mommy to a beautiful baby boy!

happy halloween

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN