Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Tampons after C section

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 9:01 PM
  • 11 Replies

After a planned C section can you wear tampons for the bleeding since your vajayjay has been left alone???

http://www.cafemom.com/group/53820  Check out Lovin Over a Distance if you are in a long distance marriage or relationship!  Come support other women in similar situations!!!!!

by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sylviapike26
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 9:02 PM

NO.  You still need to wear maxis.  It can cause infection even though you did not pass the baby through your vajayjay

pregnancy
BrideMommy2Be
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Quoting sylviapike26:

NO.  You still need to wear maxis.  It can cause infection even though you did not pass the baby through your vajayjay

damn! I was so excited when I thought about that LOL

http://www.cafemom.com/group/53820  Check out Lovin Over a Distance if you are in a long distance marriage or relationship!  Come support other women in similar situations!!!!!

sylviapike26
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 9:07 PM

You can start using them after you stop bleeding heavily.  Once it becomes lighter it is okay to use them.

Quoting BrideMommy2Be:

Quoting sylviapike26:

damn! I was so excited when I thought about that LOL

pregnancy
Mrs.McCoy917
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 9:09 PM

you might not have a very heavy bleed i barely bleed after.

sylviapike26
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 9:10 PM

true...I only bled heavily for a few days and stopped bleeding completely after a week and a half.  You do tend to bleed less and not as long with c-sections than with vaginal deliveries.

Quoting Mrs.McCoy917:

pregnancy
Ashnbaby08
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 9:11 PM

No you can't you have to wait until your 6 week checkup.... But if you have sex before your six week then i can't see why you couldn't use a tampon..  but i haven't even had a period sence my son was born, so i don't know and that was six weeks ago... An i only bleed for like a week..

BrideMommy2Be
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 9:12 PM

Quoting Mrs.McCoy917:

Hey that would be awesome!

CTMomma1211
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 9:12 PM

I bled for the full 6 weeks.

Quoting sylviapike26:

true...I only bled heavily for a few days and stopped bleeding completely after a week and a half. You do tend to bleed less and not as long with c-sections than with vaginal deliveries.

Quoting Mrs.McCoy917:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Blinkie Maker
Blinkie Maker

SinCityMama
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 9:15 PM

You need to wear the maxis rather than tampons.  And I bled very heavily for nearly the full six weeks.  Plus, I know I wouldn't have wanted to use tampons, because I passed alot of large blood clots.  That stuff needs to come out, and a tampon will cause it to get stuck up there, rather than passing in the normal healthy way it's meant to.

Angi1234
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 9:17 PM

Oh gosh no.  You should not use tampons at all while you are bleeding from a vag or c/s delivery.  The uterus has just had the placenta taken off the wall of it and it is like a healing wound.  You are only introducing bacteria and a high risk of infection to the uterus.  It is not recommended at all.  Only pads.  Besides, you usually don't bleed as long from a c/s as from a vag delivery.  I am pretty familiar with this topic as I am a labor and delivery nurse and educate people on the "no use" of tampons after any type of delivery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN