Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

uncomfortable...grrr.

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:13 AM
  • 3 Replies

My skin is sooo tight. My feet and hands feel like stretching balloons and it's soooo unfomfortable especially when I make a fist. My rings don't fit me anymore:( There's no excessive swelling or anything like that but it's sooo unfomfortable. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I'm at 34 weeks.  My sis said that she had the same thing happen to her as well. So I'm pretty sure there's nothing to worry about. I told my midwife and she said to just keep an eye on it and call her if anything changes. It just sucks cause it sometimes causes my joints to hurt. I'm I just retaining water cause it's almost the end of my pregnancy? What are your thought's on it moms?Undecided

by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gacgbaker
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:54 PM
Yep that is normal, it doesn't make it any less annoying just becuase it is normal though!  Make sure that you are drinking tons and tons of water, and not the fizzy fancy waters, but just plain old fashioned water... that can sometimes help.
RJandLinasMommy
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 1:04 PM
I'm 33 weeks almost 34 and the same thing is happening to me. My feet and ankles are so gross, my husband actually calls them my volkswagons because they look like the car hahaha. I haven't been able to wear my wedding band or engagment ring in over a month because of my sausage fingers, and i'm actually having twins so i totally understand the painful stretching skin your talking about. My doctor said i am measuring at 45 weeks so i am term plus. Hang in there mama we'll make it and all this junk we're dealing with now is going to be soooo worth it
jenifuz
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 4:11 PM
I haven't had that problem yet but who knows!  My friend did and her ob said to make sure she was drinking tons of water.  YOur body retains water when you start to get dehydrated so the more you drink, the better, I know it makes it a pain because of the squished bladder and stuff but if it makes you feel better great!!!
Good luck!
Jenifer
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)