Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

When does a little boys testicles drop?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2008 at 12:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

I went and had a sono last week (18 weeks) and the dr said it looks like a girl, but it was still early to tell for sure until a couple more weeks. When do their testicles drop if its a boy?

by on Nov. 17, 2008 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JessMomof2boys
by on Nov. 17, 2008 at 12:51 PM

at 18 weeks all the parts are there....they should be able to tell the sex by then.

pregnancy week by week

billysmami
by on Nov. 17, 2008 at 12:51 PM

I had my ultrasound at 20 weeks (with my son) and everything was there by then....

hurleydoll18
by on Nov. 17, 2008 at 12:52 PM

I think it is usually around 16 wks but have heard of a few cases where it has been around 12 wks.  At 18 wks they would most likely be visible if the baby is cooperating. 

Malayahsmom06
by on Nov. 17, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Dang! I was hoping it was a boy. We will be pleased with whatever we get, but one of each would be nice.  :)

AandCsmomBrandy
by on Nov. 17, 2008 at 12:55 PM

if it is a boy he would already have a penis and a scrotum. as for his testicles dropping, they can be sucked up until the age of 2 years. whether their testicles are down or up you would still see all of the equipment. sounds to me like you are having a girl.

liddellmama
by on Nov. 17, 2008 at 1:09 PM

the penis and the sack should be there to see here is my son's at 18wks and 4 days pregnant. The testices drop between 20wks and 40 wks normally around 28wks :D

pregnancy calendar

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
liddellmama
by on Nov. 17, 2008 at 1:11 PM

testicles normally drop before the baby is born but deff in the first year if they havent dropped the Dr. "helps" them by doing a small surgery.

pregnancy calendar

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)