Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i cant sleep cause my heart keeps beating fast when i lay down

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 2:18 AM
  • 13 Replies

i am up cause my heart wont stop beating fast when i try to lay down to go to sleep, has this happened to any one else? I am 24 weeks pregnant

by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pamelam20
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 2:21 AM

I would like to know too. This happens to me sometimes and it's annoying...feels like my pulse is going crazy.

pregnancy due date
amndabby

2 days ago i wrote a post asking the same thing. it happened to me once last week right before i went to bed, my heart was racing and my hands were shaking. and twice in the same week i woke up in the middle of the night with racing heart and shaking hands. ive gotten replies telling me it's either my blood pressure or blood sugar. havent brought it up to a doctor yet. but you should be fine. if it doesnt go away by tomorrow then i would call and make sure you're okay.

Expecting Baby Number 1! July 28, 2009

ashleymalan23

Are you pregnant? or did you drink lots of coffee? exercise? I have that if I getting excited for something or really scared. I heard my heart more when I was preggo cause it was working harder to supply blood to me and my daughter

luvmybaby430
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 2:26 AM

yeah, it is crazy, i dont like it, that is why i am not sleeping, and i am so tired, but i cant take it with my heart beating so fast

Quoting pamelam20:

I would like to know too. This happens to me sometimes and it's annoying...feels like my pulse is going crazy.

luvmybaby430
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 2:26 AM

thanks, i hope you find out what is causing yours as well.

Quoting amndabby:

2 days ago i wrote a post asking the same thing. it happened to me once last week right before i went to bed, my heart was racing and my hands were shaking. and twice in the same week i woke up in the middle of the night with racing heart and shaking hands. ive gotten replies telling me it's either my blood pressure or blood sugar. havent brought it up to a doctor yet. but you should be fine. if it doesnt go away by tomorrow then i would call and make sure you're okay.

luvmybaby430
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 2:27 AM

yeah, i am 24 weeks pregnant

Quoting ashleymalan23:

Are you pregnant? or did you drink lots of coffee? exercise? I have that if I getting excited for something or really scared. I heard my heart more when I was preggo cause it was working harder to supply blood to me and my daughter

Optimist80
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 3:30 AM

I'm 24w5d and i've also been having this feeling of not being able to breathe when i lie down to sleep. It doesn't happen very often and i don't know what causes it.

Ilovemybbgrl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2008 at 3:38 AM

are you laying on your back or your side?

luvmybaby430
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 4:46 AM

my left side

Quoting Ilovemybbgrl:

are you laying on your back or your side?

LauraMisch
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 5:03 AM

i started getting these crazy hyperventilating panic attacks when i was pregnant with my first born.  ever since i've had problems with panic attacks.  and they're high quality panic attacks too cause they come and go throughout the year and act up mostly when i'm pregnant. 

with my second born it was worse than the first.  my heart would palpitate and sometimes i'd get very dizzy or feel somewhat detached from reality for a second, or like i had just devoured more nyquil then recommended and was about pass out drunk!

it sucked, but i mean all you can do really is try your best to contain and ease yourself.  relax, breathe deeply and focus on something like a book, or a picture or the tv ... anything that is going to help take your mind off the anxiety.

also, i can't take over the counter cold medicines because something in them i just don't react well to and this also came out of no where.  my dad had to drive form work one morning to pick me up while my husband was working and watch my daughter because i had just taken some theraflu type cold med, felt like i was suffocating and swore i was about to pass out if i didn't get help.

it was just a bad reaction!  but if i had taken the least bit more than recommended i could have been in a lto of trouble.  so that's somethign to consider, ifyou've recently taken anything like that ...

all i have to offer - hope you feel better soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured