Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fetal Heartrate at 30 weeks

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:18 PM
  • 4 Replies

I went in today for a routine appt and when my dr checked the baby's heart rate it was at 120 bpm.  Is that low????  He said the heart rate wasn't dipping so the baby isnt in disstress but I am still concerned b/c his normal is in the 140's.  Should I worry or am I being a nervous wort for no reason. Please help!!!!

by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Nichol81
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:20 PM

I think that is still normal. My baby is always around 131-135 or so.  Earlier in my pregnancy she was about 145+  I think they slow down a bit as they get older.

Passionwitakiss
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:23 PM

I had a doctor's appointment a couple weeks ago, I, at that time, was about 32 weeks along and when they listened to the heart rate instead of it being in the 160's or 150's like normal, it was registering at 130 to 140!  Although the nurse said it was normal, I was still afraid, so I know what you mean.  Thing is though, I went to the hospital Friday  (for something unrelated) and they were monitoring my baby for over an hour and her heart rate was back in the 150-160 range...so I dunno.  I guess what I am trying to say is, I dunno if it is normal for the baby's heart rate to change like that, but mine did too.

Hope this at least brings you a little piece of mind.

chairhead28
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:26 PM

120-180 is normal.

Nichol81
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:28 PM

I think it depends on what the baby is doing at the time. My appts are usually at the babies rest time. I bet if he checked her heart rate at night when she was playing it would be much higher.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured