Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Lower Abdominal pain @ 6 weeks pregnant

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2008 at 5:25 PM
  • 21 Replies

This is my first pregnancy and  i'm 6 weeks,  I  went to the Er on Sunday for lower stomach pain, that was so bad I couldn't walk.  They ran all these tests and everything came out fine. I seen the baby (best thing in the world) . They told me to go see my Dr on Monday, Yesterday my Dr told me that I could be having a miscarriage but I'm not having any bleeding.  He said that it also could be normal for me. I just need to take it easy and hope I  can clear 12 weeks. After 12 weeks he said that my chances of a miscarriage is low.  Has anyone ever experienced this or anything like this before?  Any advice and prayers would be appreciated. 

by on Dec. 9, 2008 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charmed_423
by on Dec. 9, 2008 at 5:31 PM

i had pain and bleeding at the time in my pregnancy and your doctor saying it could be you trying to miscarry  its okay he is probably telling you worst case scenario....and bleeding would be more of a sign...i am 20 weeks and i still cramp....ill pray for you and i hope things go well...let us know

CNW

LSurvivor78
by on Dec. 9, 2008 at 5:32 PM

do they feel like menstral cramps? early on, it is very common to have a lot of cramps and discomfort.. if you were checked out , not bleeding and all seems well.. I would try not to worry!

congrats on the new baby!!

jonezy
by on Dec. 9, 2008 at 6:00 PM

i remember having a lot of discomfort in my low abdomen early in my pregnancy.  like menstrual cramps, but no blood.  i guess it was just my body making way for baby.  i am 38.4 wks now and fine!  so i wouldn't worry.  everyone has different pregnancy symptoms.

momma2B420
by on Dec. 9, 2008 at 6:07 PM

I had alot of pains and cramping  like i was gonna start my period, but I never had any bleeding just pains in my lower stomach and sides ,in my first trimester, but my doctor and fmaily told me its just my body getting used to the baby and all the stretching and stuff going on in there. I still worried til i was past the misscarriage date, but everything has been just fine. im now 21 weeks and shes doing great.

jacobsmommy122
by on Dec. 9, 2008 at 6:12 PM

I just wanted to tell you that i miscarried in august of 2005 at 11.5 wks. I had no signs of it. No pain or cramping or bleeding. I was sitting on the couch one night and felt something coming out so i rushed to the bathroom and a gush of blood. Maybe TMI but i just wanted to let you know that not everyone has symptoms when they miscarry. Also, I am also pregnant and at 6 weeks i went to the ER with stomach pains and everything was fine. I am now 13.5 wks and everything is fine. This is also my second child(third if you count my angel in heaven) I know it wouldnt help if it did happen but many people miscarry their first(many dont even know) Im hoping all goes good with you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Let me know how things go.

MRSSTEELEY
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 6:09 PM

Im sorry to hear about your first baby. I couldnt imagine going through that. Im seriously hoping that this is just normal pain.  It gets really bad at times though, its more scary than anything. =/

My husband Tells me that everything is going to be okay. So everyday all I do is pray that its going to be. I have an ultrasound tomorrow to check on her. Wish me luck

Quoting jacobsmommy122:

I just wanted to tell you that i miscarried in august of 2005 at 11.5 wks. I had no signs of it. No pain or cramping or bleeding. I was sitting on the couch one night and felt something coming out so i rushed to the bathroom and a gush of blood. Maybe TMI but i just wanted to let you know that not everyone has symptoms when they miscarry. Also, I am also pregnant and at 6 weeks i went to the ER with stomach pains and everything was fine. I am now 13.5 wks and everything is fine. This is also my second child(third if you count my angel in heaven) I know it wouldnt help if it did happen but many people miscarry their first(many dont even know) Im hoping all goes good with you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Let me know how things go.

MRSSTEELEY
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Yea I think he is trying to prepare me for the worst. He wanted to take me off work for a couple days but at work I wont just sit and stress about it.  ' really excited about the baby and I don't think I could handle anything happening to it.  =)  Was your cramping so bad you couldnt stand up? Thats what scaries me its worse then my menstral use to be. Very scary....

Quoting charmed_423:

i had pain and bleeding at the time in my pregnancy and your doctor saying it could be you trying to miscarry  its okay he is probably telling you worst case scenario....and bleeding would be more of a sign...i am 20 weeks and i still cramp....ill pray for you and i hope things go well...let us know

CNW

MRSSTEELEY
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 6:20 PM

Yae I don't have any bleeding. Which the Dr says is a good thing. =) The Dr said it should got away after I'm 8 weeks.  He also said that it could be the uterus stretching, but this pain is unbearable at times. I don't think that's normal. But then again its my first pregnancy what do I know?

Quoting momma2B420:

I had alot of pains and cramping  like i was gonna start my period, but I never had any bleeding just pains in my lower stomach and sides ,in my first trimester, but my doctor and fmaily told me its just my body getting used to the baby and all the stretching and stuff going on in there. I still worried til i was past the misscarriage date, but everything has been just fine. im now 21 weeks and shes doing great.

mommy102007
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 6:20 PM

im 18.4 weeks pregnant 6th pregnancy 2nd child...i was just in the hospital thought i was misscarring again was having realy bad pains couldn't walk or breath or talk or anything for that matter when i was having a pain, and i was bleeding...dr said everything was fine it was just that "round ligament streching" where all the muscles and everything holding your uterus is streching...but with the other misscarriages with 1 i had absolutly no signs of a misscarriage no pain bleeding nothing i went to the dr for my 1st ultrasound there no heartbeat had to get a d&c then for all the others it started as a bad pain in my lower abdomen then bad bleeding... if they saw a heartbeat on the ultasound i wouldn't get to worried about it unless you start bleeding...good luck and congrats on your baby!!

MRSSTEELEY
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 6:26 PM

Thanks, I'm trying not to get too stressed out about it. No it only hurts on my lower right side. Its like 10 times worse than any cramps I have ever had in my life. AS long as the baby is okay, ill live with the cramping. I just want to be sure its normal.   Thanks for the advice. Its much needed.

Quoting LSurvivor78:

do they feel like menstral cramps? early on, it is very common to have a lot of cramps and discomfort.. if you were checked out , not bleeding and all seems well.. I would try not to worry!

congrats on the new baby!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)