Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YOUR HUSBAND OR SO!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:06 PM
  • 31 Replies

I WAS JUST THINKING HOW WONDERFUL MY HUBBY WAS WITH ME IN THE OR WHEN I HAD MY C-SECTIONS. HE WASN'T NERVOUS OR ANYTHING BUT I KNOW THAT SOME MEN DO GET NERVOUS OR EVEN PASS OUT IN THE DELIVERY ROOM, SO MY QUESTION IS HOW DID YOUR DH OR SO REACT TO SEEING THE BABY BEING BORN EITHER C/S OR VAG?

by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abellvalerie
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:09 PM

Mine thought it was awesome he says it's the most beautiful gross thing he has seen he watch the baby being born and the placenta

We’ve put birth in the same category with illness and disease and it’s never belonged here. Birth is naturally safe, but we’ve allowed it to be taken over by the medical community.
~ Carla Hartley, founder of Trust Birth and the Ancient Art Midwifery Institute

lovemybabys1106
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:12 PM

My DH was fine until he got squirted with amniotic SP fluid. When our dd came out a large gush of water hit him and everyone else near my feet. His face turned three shades of red then four of green. It was so funny but the poor guy was disgusted by it.

Pandana
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:13 PM

My son was born at home, and I was squatting at the end of our bed with my SO sitting behind me supporting my arms. He was basically holding me when our son was born, and we saw him emerge and I heard him whisper "Oh my God....." in my ear, inthe sweetest, softest voice I've ever heard him use....he was completely in awe! Then he pulled me up ono the bed with him so that our midwife could hand me the baby and I could hold him while SO cut the cord. He thought it was an amazing thing to watch AND be a part of!

mommytobe090708
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:13 PM

My hubby was amazing! He kept telling me that I was doing a good job. I was doing it without any pain meds, and I had back labor the entire time so I needed to encouragement. One time I was in and out of consiousness (not becuase I was doing it natural, he was stuck in a bad way and on a nerve) and the babies heart rate was dropping super low and what not. I guess he was really worried then and freaking out inside but never showed it! Then I ended up have to have a c-section and he was great, though I wish he would have talked to me during the surgury, I was humming to try and distract myself because the feeling was so nasty! lol! But I love my hubby, he is so wonderful! Then after the baby was born he stayed with me all 5 days in the hospital and changed all diapers (never changed a diaper before then) and got the baby for me whenever I asked! Oh and all I wanted to do was sleep so he would watch TV but put on mute so I could get a good rest!

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:16 PM

My husband was  excited but he was grossed out.... he has since been refering to my vagina as "ground zero" and my baby is 8 months old by this time.....

He was a bit annoying too.. Theres the head! Wait he went back in side.... NO wait theres the head! No wait.... OH I see it! Never mind he said no.... Hey! Wait, maybe its too cold out here?

TRUST ME I didn't need anyone to tell me what he was doing I could freggin feeeeeeeel it!!!

american flag ribbonbaby boyexpecting baby

hotmoma2006
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:21 PM

with my first he was a totally ass until i started labor seeing i was being induced. It was our first. He wanted to sleep and with all the pain i was in he would get mad and told me once to take it like a man. (i would kill to see a man take it) well i told him to get the f out and to never come back i couldn't stand him. A few min. later my mom shows up with him at the door lmao. He called her and said he didn't know what to do lol. I think he didn't know how to ask and his nerves were getting to him. After that he was awesome though his mom was better lol. She really knew what to do to help me with the pain and stuff.  After i had him he said in a sobbing sweet voice 'We did it" It was so sweet.  He has tears in his eyes, I was surprised cause my husband has a very weak stomach and throws up to dog poop or baby poop. He did really well except for the big blood clot that fell out of the ladies hand while i was in labor lol. It was huge. He said what is that. The nurse said oh that's a blood clot like it was nothing lol. He said it was as big as my hand lol.

The second time we were pouring an add on to our drive way and thought i needed to go to the hospital. I insisted him to stay and finish that i would call him. I drove myself to my moms and beaked through every contraction. She lives 45 min. away. She then took me to the hospital. I was 4cm not in active labor but the heart beat went down. I called him he took his dads motor cycle and was there in 30. min. literally. Considering its a 45. min. drive to my moms and another 15 20 to the hospital he had great timing and was wonderful the whole time

2milesboys
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:23 PM

i had a vag delivery and DH saw it by accident and freaked, he said that was the wierdest thing he'd ever seen and it wasntt like seeing a cow born like his dad said lmao

MRS.LYONS29
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:24 PM

I'M SORRY BUT THAT WAS SOOO FUNNY!I COULD JUST IMAGINE HIS FACE, LOL.

Quoting lovemybabys1106:

My DH was fine until he got squirted with amniotic SP fluid. When our dd came out a large gush of water hit him and everyone else near my feet. His face turned three shades of red then four of green. It was so funny but the poor guy was disgusted by it.

CAarmywife
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:24 PM

my husband was jittery but he did ok. with me in labour he wasnt freaking out he was just so flustered he really didn tknow what to do. or what my dd eats for breakfast so he made her a grilled cheese at 630 am ahahha. at the hospital, he ran out to the car to get my bag because it had the camcorder and camera in it...he comes back into my room without my bag and only the camcorder and camera. he didnt like me in the pain (i couldnt get drugs). he kept asking pple give her something. and he kept saying how being my hoohaaa was. and when she was born he says "is it suppose to look like that? it kind of looks like a lizardl....oh wow ash ur really bleeding look at it squirt out" (i was hemoraging...not quite what i person wants to hear when they think they are dying ahah)

lizzer
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:26 PM
i had c-sections and my hubby is all about looking over the curtain at my insides.......he thought it was the neatest thing and he can honestly say he loves me inside and out.
Photobucket
pregnancy week by week
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured