Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I can't hold my pee any longer

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 1:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm 14 weeks and 3 days and I'm always going to the bathroom to pee. I drink lots of water and try to eat healthy. There was this one time that I woke up in the morning and pee on myself. My question is, why is it so hard to hold on to your pee longer when your in your 2nd trimester?

by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Islandcutie2007
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 1:46 PM

bump

jenjobrien
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 1:47 PM

I dont know but its true.  Its like all the sudden BAM! You gotta go right now and if you dont youll pee your pants.

mommiekk
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 1:48 PM

It may have just started in your second trimester but i have bad news for you, it lasts way past your pregnancy. It has something to do with your bladder being stretched about the same as your uterus, i dont know how exactly to explain it but welcome to motherhood. Its not as bad after pregnancy but it does affect you after you have your baby.

tattooed mommy Pictures, Images and Photoscutest boy Pictures, Images and Photos
Expecting a girl Pictures, Images and PhotosMarine wife Pictures, Images and Photos

orchid404
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 1:54 PM

It sounds like you need to do those Kegel exercises, that may help you.  Also, maybe where a really good pad or something till you get your muscles stronger.

Mommy, Why is ....
In this group I would like to help each other with all those "Why is" type of questions our little ones ask us. They are endless, and sometimes, I can't always think of an answer. So, lets get together and help each other answer all those questions!!!   Please join us at:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/48354

http://www.cafemom.com/group/43610

pregnancy calendar

mmoyoroque
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 3:04 PM

well i'm around 32 and a half weeks if not 33 but i feel like if this keeps on going like this i might just sleep in the toilet, i hardly sleep now, and i'm in the restroom most of the time, and i mean like i go to sleep around 12 midnight, and all of a sudden i start wanting to go pee at 1 i go and then he starts kicking and i try thinking oh i wont go i need to but i wont, i just went and bam all of a sudden i feel like i'm going to pee on my slelf so i have to go, so it goes on and on all night. plus its hell when i'm at the stores, cuz the baby is big and all the walking i feel like i can hold it. i need to know were the restrooms are at all times. good thing is that i'm getting closer and closer to due date.

Zhi
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Deffinently do your kegels if you are having problems making it to the bathroom. Try drinking most of your water during the day and less right before bed. I'd also recommend trying to pee a couple times before bed too, just to make sure your bladder is completely empty and wear a panty liner if you need to. Now that I'm in my 3rd trimester it's really a trick to make it to the bathroom on time LOL. One swift baby kick to the bladder and it doesn't matter if I peed 5 minutes ago... get out of my way! xD 

Good luck :)

pregnancy calendar
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)