Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Labor Cookies?! *UPDATE #3*

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2008 at 6:52 PM
  • 84 Replies

Okay its about that time ladies and its time for her to vacant the premises, LOL!!!  I went to ER @ about 3am this morning cause I thought my water broke and I am 1cm dilated and contractions 3-5 min apart.They sent me home and said to come back when they are 2-3 min apart. Okay now they have spaced out to 10 min so I wanna get them back to where they were. Okay here is my question: I heard of these famous Labor Cookies, but I can't find a recipe for them. Have any of you ladies heard of these and if so if you have the recipe can someone please pass it on to me!!!! One of my really good friends, who had her baby just about a month ago, made them and ate them and was in labor soon after. But now she can't find the recipe. Please help me ladies if you can or let me know of any ideas you may have. Sex is not working so that idea is out, LOL!! Thanks ladies!!!!                                Alicia L.

Cookies actually look good and dough taste pretty good! They smell like pumpkin spice cake which I love. Haven't tried them yet, they want you to wait until they cool off then eat them so I am waiting. While I am waiting I am going to take a shower and do a couple of last minute things just in case you know. I'll keep you ladies updated as things change. I'll change the color of "UPDATE" in the title so you know if I updated or not.

#1) Well I am having contractions and alot of vaginal pressure and back pain wit the contractions. I just went to the bathroom and a huge part of mucus plug came out. I am gonna try to sleep for a little bit even though I don't think I will be able to. I ate about 12 cookies all together so we will see what happens. I have a doc appt at 4:30. I know she is going to give me good news, so I am excited about that. Well, I'll keep updating as things change so keep an eye out. Love ya ladies and have a nice sleep!!

#2) Latest update is: I am having cramping and a lot more mucus. When she moves it feels like she going to fall out so I have been laying down to try to relieve some of the pressure. Its helping a little. My contractions are still kinda spaced apart, but they are more intense to the point that they kept waking me up all last night. I barely got any sleep. I am gonna try to get outside so I can at least walk around for a little, but we will see. It snowed here so sidewalks are slippery and I don't know if I wanna risk falling on my butt today. LOL!!! Just keep checking back and hopefully as the morning persist things will get more interesting. Early labor is always the most slowest part of the birthing process.

#3) Well I had my appointment today and my doc wants to put everything on hold to at least the end of the month, but if she comes before then, then so be it. I wanted her so bad to check my cervix, but she said she really didnt want to cause she didnt want to aggrevate anything cause she wants me to go to the end of the month. I am still having cramping and the contractions are still a good ways apart but the intensity of them are HELL!!! My doc is on call tonight so if anything happens then she said to come straight to the hospital. I think she wants to wait until the end of the month because between her and the hospital they cant decide when my due date is (duh just give me an ultrasound) and I am loosing weight when I should be gaining it. She checked the position and all that of the baby and she doesnt think I will make it until the end of the month because she is head down and her head is logded in place. I'm still loosing my plug and the pressure down there is starting to become REALLY uncomfortable. Oh well, lets just hope that next time i post something, the title will be "Justyse Mahkayla has finally arrived". Thank you ladies for all your encouragement and help and please try those cookies, they are good even if your not pregnant. LOL!  Please feel free to ask any questions and i'll answer them to the best of my ability!

by on Dec. 14, 2008 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1JN2BC
by on Dec. 14, 2008 at 6:55 PM

im no help but heres a BUMP! good luck momma!

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
exquisiitejade
by on Dec. 14, 2008 at 6:56 PM
I never heard of that but wish I did when I went into labor! My contractions started 5-7 min apart and the hospital didn't keep me till they were 1-2 mib apart and that took over 20 hours lol

shortmama83
by on Dec. 14, 2008 at 6:58 PM
2 1/2 c. flour 1 1/2 t. baking soda 3/4 t. cinnamon 1 t. ground ginger 1/2 t. ground cloves 1/2 t. salt 1/2 t. cayenne pepper 8 T. butter 1/2 c. sugar 1 c. brown sugar 1/3 c. molasses 1/4 c. egg whites Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda and spices and set aside. Cream the butter and sugars together. Add the molasses to the creamed butter, then add the egg whites until combined. Addd the dry ingredients slowly. Once incorporated, roll dough into 1 inch balls and place onto baking tray. Bake 8-10 minutes. Once cool eat as many as you can possibly stomach, lay down for a nap and wait for labor to begin! Just googled "labor cookies"...and found this recipe. Hope this helps for you.
MommyBess
by on Dec. 14, 2008 at 7:00 PM

Found this on google, lemme know if it works.

jridgill
by on Dec. 14, 2008 at 7:03 PM

You are only 34 weeks?

LaceyRK
by on Dec. 14, 2008 at 7:05 PM

http://www.shoppingfortwo.com/blog/jump-start-your-labor-cookies/

Could this be the recipe? I also found this recipe in my other pregnancy group. Good luck! I'm making them tomorrow!! :)

jcasey
by on Dec. 14, 2008 at 7:08 PM

I am so going to try these!

pregnancy calendar
aleslie
by on Dec. 14, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Oh Lordie!! Those are a lot of ingredients! This better work, LOL. I hope they taste a little good, but I don't know about that when a recipe says, "Eat as many as you can stomach" lol. I hope they dont make me poop either (sorry TMI). Thank for all your help ladies and are u sure there wasnt any other recipes for it LOL just joking im gonna try to make it and let you guys know what happens throughout the process

Vandyswife
by on Dec. 14, 2008 at 7:11 PM

I am sorry and not trying to sound mean but why are you trying to "induce" yourself with anything.. I mean you arent due till late next month... acording to your profile...

I just dont understand ladies like you, that would rather risk the health of their babies than keep them in there safely until its really TIME for them to come... Im supprised the hospital didnt put you on somethign to STOP labor... (Maybe they thought they were just BH, and they probably were since you arent in REAL labor anymore)

Im only 28 weeks pregnant.. but I will NOT be induced or anything, unless there is a REAL medical reason as to WHY my child needs to come RIGHT THEN! (obvisuly not the case with you!)

Please let her stay in there till she is ready! SHE IS NOT READY... dont make cookies, or TRY to "induce" yourself... it could end up endangering your baby.

Debi979
by on Dec. 14, 2008 at 7:11 PM

I didn't know there was such a thing! LOL Thanks for the idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN