Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dog Ashes needs your help PIOG *SURGERY IS OVER! 12/16*

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:00 AM
  • 20 Replies
My dog Ashes was hit by a car Friday. She was rushed to the vet and was in shock. They gave her xrays, fluids, warm blankets and medicine. She has no broken bones, but 2 dislocated hips that need surgery and a dislocated shoulder and wrist, and internal and external bruising. Her front leg is in a hard cast from elbow down. Ashes will need to be transported to Groves, Texas to get special surgery for her hips- She will be getting pins in them. She is 8 years old and has had arthritis for 5 years already, she will be slow to recover, if she recovers completely. Our dog Nikki had this surgery on one of her hips and it was a very painful process for her, and VERY painful for us to watch her go through. It took 3 months for her to recover- she was young back then- just a puppy. Ashes will need much more time than that- 8 months at least.

This is so hard on my family, Ashes isn't just a dog- she is a special member of the family. She will need all the prayers she can get to help her through this.

We don't know when she'll be able to come home, we're hoping by Saturday- we want our baby home for Christmas. 

Please pray for her- that she makes it through this surgery, that her pain is manageable, and that recovery goes well, uneventful and quick. 

Please BUMP this for Ashes!

Surgery is today, please keep Ashes in your thoughts!

Surgery is OVER!! she is on her way to recovery , the worst is over. The dr did a total hip replacement on both hips.

Thank you everyone for your support and prayers, she will be home in time for Christmas, and is on her way to healing. I will update with pictures when she gets home.
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PregoDiana
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:04 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your doggie! =( I am a vet tech and know what you are going through! Its so awesome to see that she means so much to you and that you are willing to give her a chance unlike most people who would make the decision to put her down. So thank you for that! Hang in there! She will make it! GIVE HER LOTS OF LOVE and she will ALWAYS return the favor! =)
Sam is still in hiding!
His reservation in Hotel Uterus expired
Thursday, December 11th!
Please come out so Mommy and Daddy can meet you!
CoastieWifePR
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:18 AM

It is so nice to see people really worried about their pets, and people who see them as members of the family...  I'm truly sorry for what you're going through and really hope Ashes has a quick and easy recovery... 

wiccaneyez
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:21 AM

Im so sorry to hear about ur dog I hope everything works out for the best for her an that she will have a quick recovery. She will be in my thoughts

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:22 AM

I'm praying! *BUMP*

Proud Mommy to Rachel Joy!!

iluvmybaby175
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:34 AM

ditto....my cat was hit by a car costed 5,000 to fix ONE leg! ..my dog ranger had surgery for multiple diff things ,last one cancer and died not even a week after,it was supposed to give us 6 months. =[ i understand how it feels! good luck hope she has a speedy easy recovery!

Quoting CoastieWifePR:

It is so nice to see people really worried about their pets, and people who see them as members of the family...  I'm truly sorry for what you're going through and really hope Ashes has a quick and easy recovery... 

Photobucket

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

jenjobrien
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:30 AM

bump

sandra107
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:56 AM

prayers go out to that beutiful doggie dnt worry all will go wellbump

RoguesMommy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:12 PM
PregoDiana
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:15 PM
ahhhh! she looks to be in good spirits! Is that a christmas tree on her cast? I love making those for my patients! =D
Quoting RoguesMommy:

Sam is still in hiding!
His reservation in Hotel Uterus expired
Thursday, December 11th!
Please come out so Mommy and Daddy can meet you!
MommyIvy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:16 PM

I hope your puppy is ok. I know what you are going through. My 10 yr old Pom got attacked by a Pitt Bull and had to stay at the vets for a while. He had drain tubes all over him and we had to keep them cleaned and force food down him. We almsot thought we were going to lose him. A lot of money and a month later and he started getting better. Poor dog though. He is now around 12 and going blind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)