Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Discharge Question

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:16 AM
  • 6 Replies

I'm 24 weeks and I've noticed an increase in my discharge for a week or so.  It's not a lot of discharge, but enough to catch my eye.  It's yellowish and sticky.  Do you think I have an infection?  I was thinking of buying one of those Vagisil Screening Kits to see whats going on.  Or do you think it's just a normal thing with the pregnancy.  I do hear that when pregnant, you can have increase in your discharge.

Thanks! Katie

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
eeyoremom84
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:19 AM

With my first pregnancy, I didn't have any. This time around, I have had to wear panty liners everyday. Makes you feel gross. I have read that it is normal though. If you are still worried about it, I would let your doctor know what is going on.

jenjobrien
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:21 AM

It could be a yeast infection.  I had one and thats what color it was.  It still is and my doctor said it might stay that way through the pregnancy but if Im feeling ok its fine.

momofddi
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:29 AM

This is my 4th pregnancy. Don't worry about the discharge. Is it a lot like snot? IT's just part of your mucus plug. IT's completely normal and okay. That doesn't mean you are losing your mucus plug, it just does that sometimes. Ask your doctor to be safe, but you are fine and it is completely normal.

MorganRaesMom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:29 AM

An increase in discharge is normal during pregnancy. I had a lot in the beginning, then it decreased then at around 22 weeks or so I had a lot again. I would talk to your OB about it, he'll probably do some tests and an exam.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Braille93078
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:41 AM

Thanks everyone for your advice.  I really appreciate it.  I think I'll call my ob gyn just to see what they want to do.....check for an infection,etc.

Katie

Becca87
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:44 AM

It's called Leukorrhea(sp?), it's perfectly normal. I went to the E.R. at about 24 1/2 weeks because I was told if it was yellow, it's an infection and, in my opinion, mine WAS yellow but I went in and they said it was "more of a whitish color" and not to worry about it. As your pregnancy progresses, it will get heavier and heavier, which is also perfectly normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)