Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advice....

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:39 AM
  • 12 Replies
Good Morning Ladies...
So... As many of you know I have had the worst luck this pregnancy. I have had Kidney Stones/Problems for nearly half of the pregnancy. I have been on and off of bed rest and in and out of the hospital. I am home now and being medicated for pain. At my last appointment my BP was high again and my dr thinks it is better to have the baby than to keep her in there. He is going to get a kidney on Thurs... if I am worse we are inducing then. If not... right after Christmas. They said when the pain gets to unbearable to say Uncle and we will take care of it and most likely have her. ...

So my thing is I am so miserable and hurt so bad. The pain meds are working anymore and I am straight pissin blood. My hubby cant stand to see me in pain like this. I am dehydrated and have not eaten a full meal in three days because I hurt so bad I just feel like I am going to throw up. On thursday at my Appointment i found out I lost 6 pounds......Would you UNCLE? I am scared and worried and I dont want to make the wrong decision here!!!

Please only constructive help.... if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say it....
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kir
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:43 AM

Say uncle.  Listen to your doctors.  If they think the baby will be okay then end this nightmare.  You are one tough cookie aren't you?  The good news is that after this is over you'll have a fat baby to love and your body will be better.  You'll feel lots better down the road.  I'm sorry you feel so bad.  Good luck!

pd4now82
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:44 AM

How far along are you?  I'd assume that if your doctor is okay with having the baby delivered, that it's developed enough and far enough along to not be a huge high risk.  This would be a tough decision, but as you stated, you're not eating as well as you should, you could very well be getting dehydrated - which is not only bad for you, but your baby as well -  I'd probably call doc about it, let him know how you feel, and see what he suggests/says about it..... GL. 

swimmingmommy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:45 AM
i would def have that baby, because the baby is getting nutrients through you and if you can't eat or drink anything than neither can the baby and if delivery is what's going to make it all stop then i would say go ahead. the doctor has told you it's ok, if delivering the baby was bad at this point in your pregnancy the doctor wouldn't say it's ok.
misschristine_b
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:46 AM

follow your drs advice and talk to your SO about it.  make a decision that you are going to be comfortable with, if your not sure try to wait a few more days.  but keep in mind all the stress and worry isnt good for you or the baby, and if you are in that much pain say uncle because pain just adds more stress.  how far are you?  good luck!

jennie710
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:46 AM

Honestly, If I were you I'd say Uncle.  You have to take care of yourself too.  You have to trust and listen to your DR.  If they feel that the baby can come now woithout a problem, you should go ahead and have her and take care of yourself too.  You will feel better and I am sure your husband and son will be greatful when you are feeling better also!  I am sorry you have to go through this.  I hope you feel better and have that beautiful baby in your arms soon!

 

breesanchez
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:47 AM

I have to say it sounds safer for both of you to get the baby out. Then you can get the treatment you need.  Listen to your doc.

expecting girltwin boys


jgirl04
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:02 AM

O my, I had kidney stones with my 1st pregnancy and I seriously thought I was going to die. You poor thing. If your doctor is comfortable with delivering your baby( I don't know when you're due), then go for it. Your health is in jeopardy as well as your baby's...good luck

expecting boy

Sierra15
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:05 AM

Im due the 7th of Jan.  I will be 37 weeks Wed!

MommyIvy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:09 AM

I would say unlce. Sounds like you are in a lot of pain. Sonds like it would be better for you both.

x0jayswifey2x
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:12 AM

i would have  to say say uncle! for the health and saftey of you and your daughter i would just get her out! you'll feel much better and be away from any other risk and be holding your daughter knowing shes ok and away from anything potentially dangerous to her also! dont make yourself suffer plus your pretty much considered full term anyways right so relive yourself of all that pain and suffering!! good luck hun

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)