Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this okay??

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:47 AM
  • 7 Replies

I went to my reg. dr. appt and im 15 weeks pregnant and have only gained 6 pounds.  In 4 weeks I had only gained a pound...

Im eating, Im just nervous that I should of gained more..

My dr. didnt say anything about it.

pregnancy calendar
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nici3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:48 AM

I didnt gain anything till 20 weeks. People lose weight. It's ok. No worries. You'll get your weight up, and it will keep going up, then you'll feel like you're a whale.

pregnancy due date
AutymsMommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:49 AM

I am 16 weeks pregnant and I have only gained two pounds. With my first pregnancy I did not gain until I was around 7 months pregnant. Everyone is different. I am sure that everything is fine. The doctor will tell you if you need to worry. That is why they do so many urine tests and blood tests.

risa6781
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:55 AM

your doctor will tell you if its a problem, but you'll catch up don't worry. i lost about 10 lbs by week 15 and was concerned.  but now im full term and i have put on 40 lbs.  it just happens that way sometimes.

misschristine_b
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:55 AM

dont worry the dr would tell you if he was concerned.  i lost 19 pounds in the first 16 weeks and i still vomit all day every day (27wks today) and my baby is doing good.  besides you dont really start to gain weight until mid to end of pregnancy. good luck!

RCook
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:00 AM

With my first pregnancy I only gained a total of 10 lbs....and of course my doctor kept yelling at me to gain more (like I could have controlled it..I was already eating 6 meals a day! lol)

But my daughter was born perfectly healthy at 6 lbs. 9 oz.  So don't you worry about your weight!  Your baby will be fine!!! =)

x0jayswifey2x
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:05 AM

no your good....i lost almost 20 lbs when i first got pregnant and in 25 weeks ive only gained 14 lbs so i wouldnt worry

fsuandi7
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Im 30 weeks pregnant and havent gained a pound in 3 weeks...i've gained a total of 17 pounds thus far...baby is measuring right so im not at all worried about it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)