Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

playtex drop-in bottles

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:02 AM
  • 24 Replies

Just curious...but do y'all think that these are good bottles...i have a few from my first and that was like 2 years ago...i was wondering what y'alls opinions were about them

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chilosa
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:05 AM

Personally I love them... One of the kids I watch has them and I like them better than the other two kids who drink out of the plastic ones... Alot easier to clean and I like the formed ones to the bag ones... I bought them for my son who will be here in March and also got him some nuk bottles because if I BF its a good bottle because the nipple is like mamas.. Just make sure you change liners after every use the lady whos daughter I watch never sends her with extra liners and I have her from 6am to 9pm and am made to use the same one all day...

Fuzzi Bunz at Nurtured Family

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:06 AM

I absolutely LOVE them... My first took to them from the day he was born and at 17 months still takes one to bed...  My baby didn't take to them her first 5 months... we went through Avents, Ventaire's, Soothies, and Dr. Browns... she really ONLY wanted the nipple from the ready-to-feed's they give you at the hossy... so we ordered them, and ready to feed's, from a hospital supply company, lol... she finally took to the Drop-In's at 5 months...

I love that they are easy to clean ( I was the actually bottle shell in the Dishwasher once a week or so), there are no BPA issues, and that there are now generic liners to save $$$... Plus I cheat, and rinse and reuse a liner 2-3 times to save money that way...

fsuandi7
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Yeah i think i used them for my first oh another thing should i buy all new nipples for my baby bottles or do you think that they are still good?

Chilosa
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:13 AM

I would buy new ones... I think their like 2.19 for a pack of two... You reminded me I have alot of girly ones I need to sell or take back..

Quoting fsuandi7:

Yeah i think i used them for my first oh another thing should i buy all new nipples for my baby bottles or do you think that they are still good?

fsuandi7
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:14 AM

where at like walmart or something?

Quoting Chilosa:

I would buy new ones... I think their like 2.19 for a pack of two... You reminded me I have alot of girly ones I need to sell or take back..

Quoting fsuandi7:

Jinxiewolf
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:15 AM

I thought they were a pain in the butt. At least to prepare. Powder formula didn't do very well with them for me, but liquid forumla or breastmilk may be easier. And it is true that clean-up is easier. I ended up breastfeeding my last son, so I just found that easiest.

As for nipples, it may be safest, even if there appears to be no wear and tear to them, to replace them anyway. Babies have a strong suck, and you can't always see if the nipple has minute damage that may cause your baby to choke if bits come off.

Sweetestgirl79
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:16 AM

i liked them and used them for the first few weeks but my daughter kept getting really bad gas and stuff so i went back to avent bottles....they are all about the same and what ever make u more comfortable

fsuandi7
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:16 AM

thanks...well that gives me a reason to go out shopping today...lol...any excuse i guess

Quoting Jinxiewolf:

I thought they were a pain in the butt. At least to prepare. Powder formula didn't do very well with them for me, but liquid forumla or breastmilk may be easier. And it is true that clean-up is easier. I ended up breastfeeding my last son, so I just found that easiest.

As for nipples, it may be safest, even if there appears to be no wear and tear to them, to replace them anyway. Babies have a strong suck, and you can't always see if the nipple has minute damage that may cause your baby to choke if bits come off.

mammabear011909
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:35 AM

i plan on using them when baby gets here

Just wondering, Do the walmart brand linners work the same?

jonezy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:47 AM

yeah i have the playtex breast pump and it came with a few, so i just stuck with those.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)