Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

traveling very soon..would like advice

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:09 AM
  • 5 Replies

so i'm 36 wks and 3 days and on friday i will be moving from oklahoma to california..i was just wondering if anyone had any tips for traveling and any precautions i should take..i know it is probably not the best idea to be traveling at this time but don't really have much of a choice..so any input would be great..thx

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AandCsmomBrandy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:16 AM

make sure to stay hydrated. also stop as often as you can to go to the bathroom and stretch. eat well and don't overdo it!!! good luck mama and I hope that all goes well for you!

saphyre23
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:19 AM

thx

allieC1126
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:22 AM

Just make sure that you have a plan in place for if you go into labor at any point between point A and point B.  I'm sure you have already discussed this with your OK and CA doctors, but just to be safe!  Happy travels!

Ultrasound @ 15w 5d... It's a boy!

Hrivera5
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:23 AM

are you driving?  Make sure you get out and walk around a lot!  at least once an hour or two.  drink and eat, make yourself comfy!  I am also 36 weeks and I am flying to my sis's wedding!  Everyone thinks its crazy to travel so late, but sometimes you have to do what you have to.  You will be fine, I traveled a lot with my son also.  It can be uncomfortable, but as long as your pregnancy is going well you will do fine!  good luck!

rubygirllv
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:27 AM

I traveled home for Thanksgiving at 35 weeks. All I can say is stop when you have to potty and walk around some before you get back in the car. Make sure you have enough water and some little snacks on the way. Goodluck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)