Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

laundry soap for babies

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:34 AM
  • 8 Replies

my family has always used dreft for washing baby things. now with the cost of everything going up i'm going to start making my own laundry soap. can i use it for the baby's things too?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jonezy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:48 AM

i have never heard of making laundry soap....i wish i knew how.  honestly i would probably still use dreft for the baby stuff though.

lilladybug05
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:52 AM

Im not sure, but I know lots of people use baby all ( it is way cheaper than dreft) or they use the free and clear detergents.

Christmas Pictures, Images and Photos
haleyleedy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:53 AM

I use all free and clear detergents thats what I plan to use for this baby as well if she has a reaction I will switch to baby all.

Quoting lilladybug05:

Im not sure, but I know lots of people use baby all ( it is way cheaper than dreft) or they use the free and clear detergents.

pregnancy

Sick of the Drama in other Pregnancy groups ??  Join Me at Pregnancy Support- NO DRAMA

http://www.cafemom.com/group/94049

linzhh
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:16 AM

How are u going to make ur own soap? I would love to know. please share...

****LINDSAY****

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Mother of 2 angel babies and one on the way.
hotmama708
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:20 AM

They have a target brand of dreft. Plus there are free and clear detergents available at a much lower cost than dreft.

AnaMaria624
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:29 AM

I spoke to my pediatrician and pharmacist about dreft. They both said that its more of a marketing ploy. That dreft is no different then any other laundry soap with a fragrance. The whole point of dreft is that its supposed to be more milder then reg soap. But its not true. If your child is allergic or sensitive to scent. He/she will be allergic to dreft as well. I did use dreft to start off. Then my daughter got eczema and she wasn't able to use it because it had a scent. Basically if your whole purpose is to be easier on your babys skin. Your better of using All free in clear because it doesn't have a fragrance at all. Other wise you might as well just use your reg detergent on babys clothes. Unless of course its because you like that specific smell. But in your case I would say go ahead and use your own. If your child has a break out they are most likely allergic to dreft also.

**Proud Stay At Home Mommy!** 

preview image

kirbyalysse
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 8:07 AM

here's a link that i'm going to use to make my own laundry soap. i haven't decided which one yet...

http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/

stellarmom1
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 8:53 AM

I always buy at least 1 bottle of the off brand dreft and then slowly start washing a few of the baby things in our laundry detergent to see if the baby reacts to it at all.  If not I just use our regular laundry soap.

"blonde moments are my speciality"     

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)