Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Postpartum Question

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:58 AM
  • 6 Replies

Quick question... I had my son last Tuesday, and I was wondering how long am I supposed to bleed??  Is it normal for there to be "chunks"?  Well I guess it would be clots more than chunks... but it kinda looks like someone took a spoonful of grape jelly and plopped it into the toilet or my pad... (sorry if TMI).  So is this normal postpartum, or should I think about calling my doctor?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
robe739
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:59 AM

Sounds normal to me!  Nothing unusual for postpartum symptoms!  I was bleeding for about 4-5 weeks after my dd & ds.

MommyIvy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:02 AM

I bleed for about 3 weeks. I didnt have any clots, but I would think that should be normal.

McRiene
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:04 AM

I will NEvER look at grape jelly the same again !!! LMAO. I had my son 7 years ago via c section. and I remember that as well. My doctor at the time told me it was the uterine wall shedding.. Granted now that uterine wall has been there for 40 weeks.. so unlike a "fresh" one after a month it's going to be nastier looking. I think your fine. If your concerned call the doctor. sometimes you can hemmorage after childbirth. But you would know because it would be BRIGHT red clots and blood for weeks after your delivery.Good luck and congrats on your bundle of joy!

kristinaleann
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:08 AM

yes, its normal! i only bled 1 1/2 weeks with both of my kids, then i spotted for 2 weeks or so.. btw congrats!

Mom2Bria
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:13 AM

I bled for like 5 weeks!! It was heavy at first and then lightened up alot....Call your doctor if your clots are really big...like bigger then a golf ball!! Other then that it all sounds normal!

AmyConnor
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:50 AM
Sounds totally normal to me!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)