Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this normal ?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:54 AM
  • 7 Replies

i am 22 weeks 3 days pregnant. i have been feeling movement on and off since about.. 18 weeks or so. almost 19 weeks. this is my first. so im just wondering. is it normal to not feel her  move regularly? When should I feel her move regularly?

oh I guess I will also mention this - I am overweight, could that have something to do with it ?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrs.pasternak
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:58 AM

they say around 24 weeks you start to feel movement on a regular basis

LauraMisch
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:12 PM

it could very well be just gas!  the two are EASILY confused especially so early on in the pregnancy!

sylviapike26
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:22 PM

A few things, first being overweight can sometimes limit the amount of movement you feel compared to a slimmer lady, but normally you would have to be pretty overweight for it to have an effect.  Secondly, the baby is having regular patterns of sleeping and being awake.  You will only feel the baby moving when he/she is awake.  This is normally when you are being still, but not always.  Some babies are more active than others too.  Just make sure you are feeling some movement, but don't worry if you don't feel it all the time.  Also as you get later in the pregnancy, you will feel more movement because the baby doesn't have as much room to move around.

babies
youngartista
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Another thing is, a baby sleeps alot too. So when you're not feeling the movement as much, maybe baby is sleeping??

melloxyellow
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:37 PM

not long after i posted i felt her move just a little. but i have been moving around a lot today, trying to straighten up my house and stuff. so maybe thats why? im pretty sure she is fine, its just me over reacting lol.

sylviapike26
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:39 PM

A lot of times you only notice baby moving when you aren't....baby may be moving otherwise, but you are busy and don't really notice it....just make sure you can get 8 kicks every 2 hrs....I am sure she is fine...

Quoting melloxyellow:

not long after i posted i felt her move just a little. but i have been moving around a lot today, trying to straighten up my house and stuff. so maybe thats why? im pretty sure she is fine, its just me over reacting lol.

babies
KareBear0609
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:47 PM

In my "What To Expect When You're Expecting" Book, it says that movements will be irregular until week 28. At that time, you should start feeling regular movement and start doing the "kick count test" which is making sure you feel 10 movements per hour. If you don't, drink some OJ (or something sweet) and lay on your left side.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)