Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it normal ..

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

when you get close to the end of your pregnancy, to feel less baby movement? im 35 weeks and 4 days, and i still feel movement .. just not as much as i did a couple of weeks ago. i was at the doctor on wednesday and he had a strong heartbeat .. i go back this wednesday .. should i be concerned or is it normal? thanks!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LeanneC
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Normal!  They start to run out of room.  If you are concerned, drink a glass of OJ and lay down.  Count 10 kicks in an hour and everything is fine.

sylviapike26
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:28 PM

The later part of pregnancy the movements change from kicking to stretching....so you will feel less movement....the baby only has room to stretch instead of move so much....if baby stops moving entirely, try drinking some sugary juice to see if you can wake he/she up.  If not, call the doc.  My son didn't move the last three weeks of my pregnancy.  The only movement I felt was his little fingers moving....he would spread them and close them...I had three u/s, one each week, and it was just cause he was completely out of room and couldn't move....he looked so miserable....at the last u/s I asked the dr if he could just get him out cause he looked so uncomfortable....he came out a few days later.

babies
sylviapike26
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:29 PM

I was always told 8 kicks every two hrs....I guess it is different for each dr??

Quoting LeanneC:

Normal!  They start to run out of room.  If you are concerned, drink a glass of OJ and lay down.  Count 10 kicks in an hour and everything is fine.

babies
LeanneC
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Quoting sylviapike26:

I was always told 8 kicks every two hrs....I guess it is different for each dr??

Oh, I might be remembering wrong.  It's been three years since kick counts with my son!

sylviapike26
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:47 PM

I never did count them anyway...just made sure he was moving...LOL  Who has time to sit down for two hours and count kicks??  LOL

Quoting LeanneC:

Quoting sylviapike26:

Oh, I might be remembering wrong.  It's been three years since kick counts with my son!

babies
doulala
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Here's How:

1. Choose a time of day.
  2. Get a watch.
  3. Get a piece of paper and pen or pencil.
  4. Mark a line for every movement your baby makes within 30 minutes.
  5. If your baby moves 10 times before 30 minutes, you're done.
  6. If you have fewer than 10 movements in 30 minutes continue.
  7. This time lay on your left side.
  8. Eat something.
  9. If you still do not have 10 movements in the next 30 minutes, call your practitioner.

Tips:

• Wait until at least 28 weeks before beginning this testing.
  • Choose a time of day your baby is usually active.
  • Ask your midwife or doctor for variations on this testing.
  • The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)