Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Charters Welcome To Look - Gender Swaying Question

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

As a mother of 2 boys, in the future we are hoping to add a little pink to our family/ Now there is so much controvercy on gender swaying while TTC. It says with the Shettles Method:

• To conceive a boy, the techique recommends intercourse having intercourse from 24 hours before ovulation to 12 hours afterwards.
  • To conceive a girl, the techique recommends intercourse from 72 to 48 hours before ovulation (2-3 days before ovulation).
  • Looking at the first chart, my first pregnancy, it was correct that I would have a boy. Now with the second one, I would have though that I would have had a girl, but it was a boy. Any ideas?? Thoughts?? They say that a + OPK test shows O is 24 hours or more away. So that once you get a + OPK not to have intercourse for conceiving a girl. Which unless I O'd earlier than what we thought, would place that correct for my second child.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love both of my boys and would not change it for the world. I know I am blessed, but wonder what we can do next time to have our daughter?

Pregnancy #1

Her

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:05 PM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-5):
    mom2wy
    by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:08 PM

The only advise I can say is pray for God to give you your lil girl before you concieve. Of course after you concieve that is already determined. I dont put alot of stock into the gender selective methods. GL

Lovin_LiL_ViC
    by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Too late for me but I have a question...

How can when you have intercourse/ovulation effect what you have if its determined by the male? Also I was told like sperm that would produce a female swim slower OR die faster...can't recall. So how would ovulation effect that?

american flag ribbonbaby boyexpecting baby

kross3
    by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:17 PM

Ok well girl sperm are stronger but slower where as boy sperm are faster but die faster. So the closer to O the boy sperm will get there before the girl sperm will. So if you DTD right before or on O day most likely it will be a boy.

kross3
    by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Thank you for your reply. I do know that god has the affect on everything. I know that we were not expecting to get pregnant so fast with our second son. But god had other plans for us!Given my childhood and lack of a father or positive male role model in my life, god has given me two boys so that there are better guys in the world. He has given me such a wonderful husband and wonderful boys to fill that void I had in my life! Thank you!

lovingmynewlife
    by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Male sperm die faster, but swim faster. So if you hax sex in the few days before ovulation, the majority of the male sperm will have died off, leaving the slower, stronger female sperm left to fertilize the egg ... making it more likely to have a girl. Which is why if you have sex on the day of, or just after ovulation, the faster male sperm have a better chance of fertilizing the egg ... making it more likely to have a boy. I've heard the same concept follows if you have sex every day in the 3-4 days before, by the time you get to ovulation, even if you have sex on that day, you up your chances of having a girl ... since there will be more female sperm already where they need to be when ovulation occurs, while male sperm are faster, female sperm are stronger and will enter the egg easier, so if the female sperm are already in place and waiting, the male sperm, faster or not, have less chance of making it to the egg before it's fertilized. Also, female sperm can survive in cervical fluid up to about 6 days, while male sperm only make it about 2 days before dying off. That's what my gyno used to tell me anyway.

Quoting Lovin_LiL_ViC:

Too late for me but I have a question...

How can when you have intercourse/ovulation effect what you have if its determined by the male? Also I was told like sperm that would produce a female swim slower OR die faster...can't recall. So how would ovulation effect that?

Baby #3!   Due May 29!pregnancy due date

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)