Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where is ur car seat going?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:17 PM
  • 17 Replies

i was wondering ... me and my bf are nvr rly in the car togheter , cept like 1 day a week (he works alot) ... i was thinking puttin the car seat (w/ base) in the middle , so even if its just one of us we can still hand her sumthin or check on her (im also getting that mirror u put on the back seat) ... do u think thats a good idea , or should i just put it on one side of the car ... (if i put it on one side , itll go on mine , buuut if hes drivin and she needs sumthin id have to like get up on the seat to give it to her) ....

Ready? Here goes ... Im a 21 y/o mother of 2-My 1st at 17 & my 2nd will be in Jan-I speak/type how I want (if you don't like it you don't have to talk to me)-I have my own beliefs about everything-Im opinionated (if you don't want EVERYONES opinion,please clarify beforehand)-Survived domestic violence-Have cutody issues-And yes my children will have different daddies-1 child is white & 1 will be mixed-I formula feed-Vaccinate-Use disposable diapers-Circumcise-Co Sleep-Non CIO-I do not rear face the car seat when we do not need to any more-And I want to squash the rep that teen moms have, because like every parent, we made mistakes too, but it doesn't make us any LESS of a parent ... And after reading all that, you can't change me, you can try, but I won't budge .... So after that, My name's Tara, if you would like to chat sometime ;)

I DO like to give advice & try my best to help people on here tho! So ... just because I get bashed for EVERYTHING I do/say on here, doesn't mean I dont want to help, or can't help.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tatersmommy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:19 PM

the middle is the best place in the car for a baby.  my son rides in the middle now but when this baby comes they both will have to ride by a door.  but for a singleton baby middle is the best.  and we all know you can't put 2 babies in the middle! LOL

preview image

Vandyswife
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Well there is only one place for her to go in our trcuk.. theres only three seats.. one for daddy, one for mommy, and one for her right in the middle.. lol...

but in a CAR, or other vehecile... the safest place for a baby is right in the middle seat.. in case of an accident.. there is more room on either side!

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:22 PM

uh oh , sounds like sum1 needs to invent a TWO SEATER car seat! lol ... wouldnt that be great?! might give ya more room! lol ....

Quoting Tatersmommy:

the middle is the best place in the car for a baby.  my son rides in the middle now but when this baby comes they both will have to ride by a door.  but for a singleton baby middle is the best.  and we all know you can't put 2 babies in the middle! LOL

Ready? Here goes ... Im a 21 y/o mother of 2-My 1st at 17 & my 2nd will be in Jan-I speak/type how I want (if you don't like it you don't have to talk to me)-I have my own beliefs about everything-Im opinionated (if you don't want EVERYONES opinion,please clarify beforehand)-Survived domestic violence-Have cutody issues-And yes my children will have different daddies-1 child is white & 1 will be mixed-I formula feed-Vaccinate-Use disposable diapers-Circumcise-Co Sleep-Non CIO-I do not rear face the car seat when we do not need to any more-And I want to squash the rep that teen moms have, because like every parent, we made mistakes too, but it doesn't make us any LESS of a parent ... And after reading all that, you can't change me, you can try, but I won't budge .... So after that, My name's Tara, if you would like to chat sometime ;)

I DO like to give advice & try my best to help people on here tho! So ... just because I get bashed for EVERYTHING I do/say on here, doesn't mean I dont want to help, or can't help.

mammanoel
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:23 PM

The middle is supposed to be the best place.  However we have a Navigator and there are 2 captain chairs in our 2nd row with a console in the middle.  When the baby comes my boys are going to both move to the 3rd row, and the baby will probably go on the passenger side 2nd row since my DH has to have the driver's seat moved so far back to drive.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:25 PM

omg mine does too! ... every time i use the car my toes arent even close to the gas!! ... i thought me gettin a jeep would b more room , but dam , soon as i get a job that shits gettin traded in for a fuckin bus or sumthin! lol

Quoting mammanoel:

The middle is supposed to be the best place.  However we have a Navigator and there are 2 captain chairs in our 2nd row with a console in the middle.  When the baby comes my boys are going to both move to the 3rd row, and the baby will probably go on the passenger side 2nd row since my DH has to have the driver's seat moved so far back to drive.

Tatersmommy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:25 PM

LOL

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

uh oh , sounds like sum1 needs to invent a TWO SEATER car seat! lol ... wouldnt that be great?! might give ya more room! lol ....

Quoting Tatersmommy:

Cass_Michelle
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Ours is in the middle in both cars.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
tha-hawt-mommie
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:27 PM

im serious! ill contact u wen i get a job after the baby , we'll go into business together , cuz we wanna have our nxt baby w/i a year (if money is right) ... and now u got me thinkin , either we get a limo -- or change our plans a bit lol

Quoting Tatersmommy:

LOL

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

Quoting Tatersmommy:

SerasVictoria83
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:17 AM

I feel that baby is safer in the middle. I have my little girl there so that whether you are driving or passenger they are close and also if, god forbid, you are ever in an accident the baby will be away from both doors.

darcibeisheim
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:19 PM

I just got a van. DS is in captian chair behind driver now, but will probably move to other side after baby is born because of automatic sliding door. I haven't really decided on what side each will go on. I do have side impact air bags and both chairs are latch equiped.

pregnancy week by week
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)