Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My hospital bag?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:38 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok so I'm going in Thursday to be induced. I already have my bags packed

They include:

For me:

• going home outfit
  • socks
  • underwear
  • robe
  • pj's
  • nursing bra
  • shampoo
  • soap
  • extra clothes

For baby:

• 3 onsies
  • blanket
  • socks
  • booties
  • burping cloth
  • hats
  • mitten things
  • going home outfit

The day we leave:

• Fully charged camera
  • charger for camera
  • cell phone
  • cell phone charger
  • toothbrush
  • toothpaste

and then we will have a bag packed for my husband as well.

Am I missing anything?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mjandpaulsmom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:40 PM

NOPE IT SOUNDS TO ME YOU HAVE EVERYTIHNG UNDER CONTROL....

LexisMom1226200
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:41 PM

Just a thought you might want to put in some diapers for baby.  And I don't know if you plan on BF or bottle feeding but I if it is bottle feeding then you need to put in a bottle.

Courtney

prego7386
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:42 PM

i have heard to bring your own pillow if your picky about that ( i have to have a certain kind or i cant sleep and i get all grouchy lol)

calimama225
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:44 PM

looks like you got everything covered! good luck

Necie72
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:44 PM

doesn't the hospital provide the diapers for the hospital stay??  even bottles with ready made formula?  maybe it depends on the hospital, but my friends never had to take that stuff...  as a matter of fact, the nurses would tell them that every time they brought the baby to the room, they re-stock the bassinett...  and they want the mom to empty it in order to have extras on-hand to take home...

Quoting LexisMom1226200:

Just a thought you might want to put in some diapers for baby.  And I don't know if you plan on BF or bottle feeding but I if it is bottle feeding then you need to put in a bottle.

Courtney

lovemy2boyz08
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:49 PM

Yea the hospital provided everything when I had my first.

Quoting Necie72:

doesn't the hospital provide the diapers for the hospital stay??  even bottles with ready made formula?  maybe it depends on the hospital, but my friends never had to take that stuff...  as a matter of fact, the nurses would tell them that every time they brought the baby to the room, they re-stock the bassinett...  and they want the mom to empty it in order to have extras on-hand to take home...

Quoting LexisMom1226200:

Courtney

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:50 PM

I would add something to do or read. I ended up being stuck there for 4 days and thank god I had a book/mags.

You could bring your baby book to fill out too, I sent my husband home for mine one of those days.

Also, snacks. I was so hungry when I was done!

I didnt bring but could have used my own pillow

for baby

I would add a binky if you want to use one, diapers and wipes (my hospital did not provide wipes and i did not like  their diapers.

for the day you leave

maybe change for a pay phone. My husband was giving and reciving calls befor  the recovery room. The walk to get outside is like 20 minutes  and he couldnt use his cell phone inside.

american flag ribbonbaby boyexpecting baby

lovemy2boyz08
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Oh yea...I have pacifiers (but hospital provides those too), baby book, and word searches. I forgot that I packed those. Yea the snacks are a great idea. The room has a phone!

Quoting Lovin_LiL_ViC:

I would add something to do or read. I ended up being stuck there for 4 days and thank god I had a book/mags.

You could bring your baby book to fill out too, I sent my husband home for mine one of those days.

Also, snacks. I was so hungry when I was done!

I didnt bring but could have used my own pillow

for baby

I would add a binky if you want to use one, diapers and wipes (my hospital did not provide wipes and i did not like  their diapers.

for the day you leave

maybe change for a pay phone. My husband was giving and reciving calls befor  the recovery room. The walk to get outside is like 20 minutes  and he couldnt use his cell phone inside.

mom23boys679
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:10 PM
Quoting lovemy2boyz08:

Same here, too. We went home with more than what we went in with. They sent us home with diapers, wipes, lotions, washes, blankets, and formula if you needed it. I had no idea there were any hospitals out there that didn't provide it (unless they're baby friendly hospitals and they don't promote formula).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)