Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband doesn't get it....

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

We have to be preparing to leave our home for Dallas in about two weeks. My husband being in the Army, they can provide us with movers to pack everything for us without lifting a finger. I was so happy getting these guys to help out because being pregnant, there's not a whole lot I can do to help. Anyway, my husband procrastinated calling the office that does this, and now the movers have to come the day that we will no longer be in our home! So we had to ask my mom to come over and oversee everything these guys are doing. That's not a bad idea at all, but my husband doesn't want to pack ANYTHING except the clothing we will need for those ten days while we look for a new home. I was telling him that I want to start packing the clothing I don't use now as well some very personal items that I just DON'T want these men to be seeing. I was thinking of doing this and leaving those boxes packed and sealed in the house and all that would have to be done is just have them taken to the truck. He looked at me like I was weird for not wanting these guys to be prodding over all my business. I mean would any of you want some strange men looking over lingerie drawer, jewelry, and packing all your clothes for you while you are not there? Men...

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Faia
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:55 PM

they are very clueless.....

Justina Faiatattoo

orange4agua72
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:59 PM

I'd just pack up what I wanted to!!! It's YOUR stuff if you don't want some RANDOM people going through it I COMPLETELY understand!!! Why should he care if YOU do it yourself?? It's NOT like you asked him to do it!!!!! SILLY BOYS!!!!

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:13-14

risa6781
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:05 PM

i have had to deal with army movers a few times. let your husband think you are crazy and goahead and pack whatever you want.  i would atleast bag up your undies and such so they can just throw the bag in a box but dont worry about your clothes.  anyhing valuable i something you want to wrap yourself and inform your mother of or take with you.  i had forgotten about a "toy" i left under my bed and the movers spent so much time playing and laughing with it that they left behind an entire piece of my bed.  my husband forgets to deal with this stuff right away as wel so i know how you feel.  ask him how he'll feel when 2 of hisdvd's are missing when you arrive. we were missing titles that are hard to find and all the hardcover harry potter books.  so i dont feel bad about t 5 or 6 boxes i pack myself, and he makes sure all our electronics make it back nto their original packages. its nice tohave someone deal with all your dishes and crap but it isnt crazy to protect your valuables. 

ErikaM27
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:33 PM

uh yeah pack your personal belongings nothing will happen to you if you pack and leave the boxes ready just don't do heavy lifting. I wouldn't want them to be packing my stuff..

Kenzismommy09
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Okay here is some advice. Dont pack anything. THEY have to pack things and do an inventory list so whatever you have packed they have to un-pack then re-pack so it takes longer. I dont know what company you are using but we used Mayflower and there is alot of stuff they cant take. Candles, anything liquid, and some more that I dont remember. If you dont want them to see themt ake them with you dont leave them there for them to pack.

pregnancy due date

braydonsmommy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:40 PM

I was just about to say this!

Quoting Kenzismommy09:

Okay here is some advice. Dont pack anything. THEY have to pack things and do an inventory list so whatever you have packed they have to un-pack then re-pack so it takes longer. I dont know what company you are using but we used Mayflower and there is alot of stuff they cant take. Candles, anything liquid, and some more that I dont remember. If you dont want them to see themt ake them with you dont leave them there for them to pack.

Photobucket
Necie72
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:51 PM

yeah, let him know that some strangers will be sniffing your panties and he'll get the idea...  lol  pack and take everything that you don't want them to go through...  i've always just used the movers, never packers.  like another poster said, if his stuff comes up missing, then he'll be upset...  it's not always guaranteed even when you have everything packed...  when i first moved to FL from PA, they left behind 2 boxes!  i had forgotten to tell my roommate to count the boxes.  i called the moving company and they had given my boxes to someone else in their storage!!!!!  so, they repacked everything and shipped it to me...  i still don't know if i might be missing something that i could have forgotten about...  and that was a move where the movers had to bring everything because i was flying to FL.

PregoDiana
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:09 PM
hahahaha.... yes... I totally understand! We are military too, and I dont want the movers touching ANY of my things! Im so anal I pack EVERYTHING (my entire house) by myself and just have the movers load and unload it! My hubby thinks Im crazy, but I dont want them touching my things! ewww! =/
Sam is still in hiding!
His reservation in Hotel Uterus expired
Thursday, December 11th!
Please come out so Mommy and Daddy can meet you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)