Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my grandmother thinks im a tramp?!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:01 PM
  • 27 Replies

so my baby shower was yesterday (i had a blast) but my grandmother didn't show up. so today i was wondering what happened, and i call her house and she didnt answer. so i called my uncle, who lives with her. and he said that he overheard her talking on the phone to someone saying that she wasn't going to my shower because i'm a tramp, and it's no wonder i got pregnant so young, and she doesn't want to be in my baby's life, even if that means she'll be out of mine.  and keep in mind, that yes i'm only 18, but my boyfriend and i have been dating for 4 years, and i haven't ever been with anyone else, so it's not like i am a tramp, and making excuses. im really not one!! now, this isn't the first time that she's talked bad about me, or my family. but i just don't see how someone can say that about their own granddaughter!!!! maybe i'm really emotional but i can never talk bad about anyone in my family, and just the thought of her saying this to someone else kills me.

as anyone else had to deal with a family memeber talking bad about you? did you confront them and ask them why??

i don't know what to do.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaitlyn322
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:05 PM
Apr1l
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:06 PM

Your grandmother is an older lady she probably wanted you to be married and settled before you got pregnant.  Hopefully she won't remain bitter about the whole thing because she would be really punishing herself, but I wouldn't recommend confronting her like in an argumentative way, I would talk to her lovingly-you do love her, and were close to her right?  After you have a talk face to face with her, and she still doesn't come around, you have to forgive her for her choice and move on.

Allison7777
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:06 PM

agreed!

Quoting Apr1l:

Your grandmother is an older lady she probably wanted you to be married and settled before you got pregnant.  Hopefully she won't remain bitter about the whole thing because she would be really punishing herself, but I wouldn't recommend confronting her like in an argumentative way, I would talk to her lovingly-you do love her, and were close to her right?  After you have a talk face to face with her, and she still doesn't come around, you have to forgive her for her choice and move on.

MistyMoonLight
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:09 PM

Yes, everyone has someone in their family that loves to talk and beat down other family members. Mine happens to be my mom, of all people. I haven't confronted her, but we did have one huge blow out and have since kept our conversations limited to my kids. At first, the conversations were just about my daughter. It took her almost a month to even ask about my son much less anything else. Even now she still won't talk about the baby that I'm due to have in Feb. I know this is going to sound harsh, but let it go. I know it will also be easier said than done, but you don't need the stress or the drama. Good Luck mama, and God Bless!! Misty

northernmommy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:10 PM

My Grandmother got pissed when i had my oldest at 18. She actually refused to let any of my family know of his existance until he was nearly 8 months old and the only reason she told them was cause we were coming to the family reunion. Now she totaly adores my kids but never misses an oportunity to tell me what a horrible person and mother i am at every turn. the only time she is actually nice to me is when my hubby is around cause she absolutly adores him. i hope everything works out for you.

babies

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
kaitlyn322
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:11 PM

me and her used to be very close, we used to live next door to her and talk everyday, until i moved abiut a year ago.

Quoting Apr1l:

ilovedrake4ever
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:13 PM

I have a similar situation but mine is not blood, its my in laws! ALL of them think im this huge slut who is out to ruin my hubbys life! We have a son together and im 13 weeks pregnant with our second!  we have been married for a little over a year also! They always say my son is not his and either is this baby, my hubby is the only guy i have ever been with also! And my son looks JUST like him! Well even my grandma (blood) says im a whore because i had kids young, I was 17 when i first got preg and 18 when i had him an now im 19 almost 20. She has no room to talk when she had her first kid at 16!! But just i guess ignore them. I have confronted my in laws but that turned into world war 3 literally! and they still have not stopped!

NO2LA504
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:17 PM

I'm sure a few family members are talking bad about me. I choose to ignore them. If they can't be nice, I don't need to be around them or worry about them.

When my mom told my grandfather I was pregnant, he wouldn't talk to me except to tell me "I'm praying for you." before I went back home. That's okay. If they're worth it, they'll come around, if not, I don't need their negativity.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

CAN'T WAIT TO MEET JACK OR SLOANE! EDD:6/4/2009 FTM!

vickster988
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:20 PM

My own father doesnt really speak to me because of my pregnancy.and I have pretty much cut him out of my life and i dont care.if you cant accept my choices and support me then you dont love me unconditionally is how i see it.id rather him not be involved and my kid to be normal than for him to be around and be mean or something just bc he doesnt care for me.but thats just my opinion.

TheQueenPin
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Yeah...My Grandma is old fahsion like that too...and she was shocked, my Uncle didn't speak to me for a while... It hurt at 1st then I just got over it...I kinda said to my self " They are family, and I gotta show them I'm ready , even tho it was "unpplaned"...I just smiled and came around a lot and then they kinda just gave up on the hating...It will be ok, just give it time...and if not then it's just a childish move on her part... You are not a tramp hun!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)